[Solved][YAVDR-Ansible@Focal] Kodi 18.9 is getting wrong EDID

• Hello,

I have successfully installed YaVDR Ansible at focal (Ubuntu 20.04).

Everything is rock stable and fast.

I am using Kodi 18.9.

I have a strange problem, hoping to be solved with your help.

Audio output device is detecting only my Panasonic TV instead of my Onkyo AVR.

The system is the following:

Yavdr device is connected via HDMI to the AVR and AVR is connected via another HDMI cable to my Panasonic TV.

I have deleted pulse audio because my AVR was not detecting the HD audio formats as usual and am using Alsa instead.

I have always had difficulties with Pulse audio so I am always remove it from my system.

Now never-mind what I do, the Audio output device detected from kodi is only Panasonic and not Onkyo,.

Here is my aplay -l

Here is my asound.conf

Here is what i got by executing "get-edid | parse-edid"

This means that Ubuntu is getting correct my AVR and even reporting it as Onkyo TX-SR875 but kodi is just showing my Panasonic.

It was working absolutely fine with the previous Ubuntu version. I have even installed the old ssd with the previous installation of YaVDR and the output device in kodi is getting the Onlyo receiver and not my Panasonic.

With the settings of asound.conf (as they are) softhddevice is working as expected.

Just do not know what to do in order that I can have the right audio output device in Kodi.

Will appreciate any help.

Best regards.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• How had you connected the VDR when the ansible playbook ran? The role yavdr-xorg reads the edid of the connected monitor and stores it on disk and if an nvidia card ist found the nvidia driver is configured to use this edid file instead of the edid data currently reported by the connected monitor. This is needed because often AV-Receiver don't send a valid edid if they are powered off, so the X server would not start properly (e.g. when the system boots for a timer while the tv and receiver are not powered on).

The data collected by the playbook are stored in /etc/ansible/facts.d/ and the edid files are located in /etc/X11/.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Dear seahawk1986 ,

thank you very much for the rapid reply.

I think that while I was installing ansible playbook neither the AVR nor the TV were on. But I am not sure.

But you are right. Just checked the xorg.fact and Panasonic TV is presented instead of the AVR.

xorg.fact

edid.HDMI-0.bin is also reporting Panasonic-TV insted Onkyo.

What do I need to do now? To run the playbook again?

I am a bit scared to do so as I just make the whole system to work so good.

Is there any other method to rectify the problem?

Thank you as always.

BR
    Alexander

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Alexandro77 () aus folgendem Grund: Additional information added

• What do I need to do now? To run the playbook again?

You could try to replace the edid for your TV with the edid for the receiver (either read it fresh with get-edid into a file or copy it from your old yaVDR installation - up to yaVDR 0.6 edid files had a different naming scheme (IIRC something like edid.0.yavdr), but were also stored in /etc/X11/).

• It is possible to run just the part of the playbook you need to rescan the connected displays: https://github.com/yavdr/yavdr-ansible#rescan-displays

• There is a saying here in my country : "The whole sadness in the world is coming as a consequence of a little reading" :)

Thank you very much seahawk1986 . The display re-scanning command solved the last remaining issue with my installation.

Will mark the thread as "Solved"

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!