YaVDR Ansible - Change VDR Language

• Hello,

I have updated one of my client VDR with the latest YaVDR Ansible.

Forgot to change the language from default DE to EN.

As the system is already setup and everything is working as I like it, I am a bit hesitant to run the whole playbook again in order not to mess the things up.

Could you please let me know what command I have to execute so that I can change only the language from German to English.

Thank you.

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• You can change the build locales and the default locale by calling sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales.

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Thank you.

I have already executed the command and select EN to be default and build locale.

Unfortunately VDR still shows some menu options in German.

Bilder

Server: YaVDR Ansible VM (VDR 2.4.8) as a VNSI Server and Streamdev Server. DD CINE S2 + 2 x DD Duoflex S2 (6 tuners)

VDR1 Client- ASUS AT3IONTI, 4gb RAM, 32GB SSD, MCE Remote, Custom case, YAVDR 0.6.2

VDR2 Client- ASUS AT5IONTI, 4gb RAM, 128GB SSD, MCE Remote, D-Vine 5 HTPC Case, YAVDR Ansible, Ubuntu 20.04.2

VDR3 Client- Modified Reelbox AVG II with working display: Gigabyte C1037UN-EU + EHD + 4GB ram + 32GB SSD. Streamdev client only.BM2LTS

UNRAID - 110 TB storage, Supermicro X10SRL -F + Xeon E5-2680 v3 + 256 GB DDR4 ECC Ram.

• There are several files which are created by the playbook from translated templates - the commands are set in /usr/share/vdr/command-hooks/commands.yavdr.conf

And the /var/lib/vdr/plugins/menuorg.xml which is expanded from a template with a translation filter, too.

You can run the role for the vdr and the menuorg plugin seperately by calling sudo -H ansible-playbook yavdr07.yml -b -i 'localhost_inventory' --connection=local --tags="vdr" and sudo -H ansible-playbook yavdr07.yml -b -i 'localhost_inventory' --connection=local --tags="vdr-plugin-menuorg" from the yavdr-ansible directory after setting the default_locale variable (https://github.com/yavdr/yavdr…/focal/group_vars/all#L12) to the wanted value (e.g. default_locale: en_US.UTF-8).

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Thank you very much seahawk.

Very helpful as usual.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!