[solved][epgsearch] Extended EPG and multiple languages

• Hi,

EPGsearch offers the possibility to define for example the following line in /etc/vdr/plugins/epgsearch/epgsearchcats.conf:

Code
    101|Staffel,i|MinimalSeason|1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9|13

Epgsearch
    than looks for the keyword "Staffel" in the EPG, grabs the value behind
    it (here the season number of a tv show), and assigns it to a variable
    of the same name of the keyword. This variable (%Staffel% in the example
    above) can later be used for example in the directory field of a
    searchtimer, to add the season number to the name of the timer and
    recording.

This all works well, as long as the EPG is only in one language. But let's assume that I am also interested in tv shows from english channels with epg in the english language. In this case, epgsearch would have to look for the keyword "season" in the epg.

A work around the problem would be to create channelgroups for each language, an entry in epgsearchcats.conf for each language and a search timer for each language in order to have to season number added to the timer. Or is there a way to define multiple keywords to look for in the EPG for a given variable? I could for example imagine something like:

Code
    101|Staffel,%02i|MinimalSeason|1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9|13|Staffel,Season,Saison

In other words, one could add an optional additional field with the keywords to look for in epgsearchcats.conf, for the case, where one would like to use multiple keywords, or a variable name that differs from the keyword. Or does anybody know about a straight way to use multiple keywords in the situation described above without resorting to the overhead from my work around? (I am probably not the first person using epg in multiple languages.)

Cheers

• Hi,

It seems that what I was looking for is already available by using the epgsearchuservars.conf configuration file. In fact, after having for example defined the following in the epgsearchcats.conf configuration file:

Code
    101|Staffel,i|Staffel||13
    102|saison,i|saison||13
    103|episode,i|episode||13

the following should be possible in the epgsearchuservars.conf configuration file:

Code
    %episodeTmp3%=""
    %episodeTmp2%=%saison% ? %saison% : %episodeTmp3%
     %episodeTmp1%=%Staffel% ? %Staffel% : %episodeTmp2%
    %MySeasonVar%=%episode% ? %episode% : %episodeTmp1%

You can find more information in the documentation files shipping with the epgsearch package.

Finally, as I am using epg from an xmltv file, I decided in the end to use another approach: instead of having epgsearch look for the various languages, I adapt the xmltv file to the epgsearch default way to work.

Cheers

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!