[vdr-plugin-satip] this and that

• Hi,

good question. With telnet to Port 554 I got the following dialogue:

As you can see, the RTSP answer indeed contains the timeout value.

Best regards and many thanks for working on the plugin.

klausL

yavdr 0.5, Mainboard: Asus M4N78-VM, 4 Gbyte RAM, CPU Sempron 140, DVB-S2: IPTV von GSS DSI.400, Display: Futaba MDM166A, Fernbedienung: Activiy-FB silber, Receiver Denon AVR-1910, TV Samsung UE40B6000
    DSI.400 Sat-IP-Server

• Hi!

It seems that the KeepAliveInterval was my problem too.

I changed the setting in my GSS to 60 an the settings in the plugin to 30000 and 5000 like KlausL.

There are no freezes since about 10 minutes. It seems to work!

Thank you

Niel

Client Wohnzimmer:
    RPi, VDR 2.1.6, rpihddevice, satip, remotetimers, osdteletext
    Client Schlafzimmer:
    zurzeit keiner
    VDR-Server:
    Epia 5000, 8 GB DOM, Skystar 2 HD, VDR 2.1.6, satip, svdrpservice
    (dient als Homeserver, macht auch noch andere Sachen, Zugriff auf 1TB NAS)
    Satip-Server:
    GSS.box DSI 400

• Unfortunately the minimal keepalive time in tuner.h of Version 0.2.1 still has a value of 300 seconds, which for me is too high.

Code
    eMinKeepAliveIntervalMs = 300000, // in milliseconds

I changed it to 3000 Milliseconds (anything below 60 seconds) and it works as expected.

KlausL

yavdr 0.5, Mainboard: Asus M4N78-VM, 4 Gbyte RAM, CPU Sempron 140, DVB-S2: IPTV von GSS DSI.400, Display: Futaba MDM166A, Fernbedienung: Activiy-FB silber, Receiver Denon AVR-1910, TV Samsung UE40B6000
    DSI.400 Sat-IP-Server

• The Ubuntu/Debian package in my PPA from tonight does already contain a proper patch according to klausL's input.

I still have the situation with 0.2.1 jerky video on all ZDF HD channels, significant drop-outs on other high rate german 720p channels and minor drop-outs on ServusTV HD (1080i) & ORF HD (720p) all with less bitrates compared to the german 720p channels. No difference if I tweak net.core.[rmem|wmem] from it's low default to 1 or either 2MB.

All these channels did work perfect for me with 0.1.1 on Octopus Net, without the need to tweak Network Buffers ...

Regard
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• According to SAT>IP specs, the maximum interval of keep-alive is 30 seconds, so use 30000 instead of 3000 that's mentioned in klausL's post.

Hehe, I have done this intentionally, since 3secs seemed far to low to me ... ^^

Regards
    fnu

• Ouch, my typo. Good catch, thanks! Could you check whether the attached patch works with default settings of GSSBOX?

It works with the gss box default timeout of 60 seconds. Thank you very much for your fast reaction.

At the moment I have no more problems with the gss box. The plugin also works great in my stable yavdr 0.5.

Best regards

klausL

DSI.400 Sat-IP-Server

• Hi,

since it seems to work for most dsi 400 users now....i'm special..

i still get artefacts. I tried now 0.2.2 too and still get artefacts and also errors in the log(had those before too, but didn't took them too serious)

any idea what to do/test?

Best Regards

• i still get artefacts. I tried now 0.2.2 too and still get artefacts and also errors in the log(had those before too, but didn't took them too serious)

Ok, what channels? 1080i, 720p, 576i or even lower?

How does the infrastructur look like between VDR and GSSBOX, each detail is important?

Regards
    fnu

• that was zdf hd, but i also get that with the normal "das erste" just less errors. (BTW: The log was a tail -f ... |grep ERROR)

network infrastructure(all 1 gbit connections):
    DSI 400 <- ~80m -> smart managed zyxel switch <- ~80m -> Smart Managed switch from there all my devices are connected.

System is a Ivy Bridge based celeron. But i also tried VMs on core-i3-3xxx and core-i7-4xxx same result.

DVB Viewer doesn't have those troubles with the i3 system.

Best Regards

• that was zdf hd, but i also get that with the normal "das erste" just less errors. (BTW: The log was a tail -f ... |grep ERROR)

Funny, all that issue I had with the former versions ...

Did you set the GSSBOX parameter like proposed above?

DVB Viewer doesn't have those troubles with the i3 system.

I guess we did talk about that statement already ... :rolleyes: ... but does the PC running DVB Viewer use the same described infrastructure?

Regards
    fnu

• yes we did, but i wanted to repeat that because it is running on the same network infrastructure, just one switch port next to the vdr system :)

And i had those issues with all versions, not that they just started now again with 0.2.2.

Regards

• just one switch port next to the vdr system

Ok, you did not mention that up to now ...

Did you set the GSSBOX parameter like proposed above?

I repeat that question?

What does:

Code
    #/> netstat -su

say, on your VDR?

Regards
    fnu

• i tried several settings, default, different timeout, the suggested ones. But only checked for the artefacts.

Now i tried it again and also checked the log.

Error messages changed a bit:

Regards

• Are all tuners connected of that box?

Regards
    fnu

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!