[yavdr 0.5] RotorNG broken

• When I get a moment I am going to try to see whether it works on vanilla VDR compiled up from source.

That's a good point to start with.

Lars.

• OK, I have found the problem(s) in both the patch and the plugin and I now have a working rotorng implementation again in yavdr-0.5.0.

I need to look into a few things first but I will send through a new patch shortly and release a new version of the plugin...

Thanks

• I have been a bit busy with work this week, but I will release something soon.

I want to see whether it is possible to remove the requirement for the VDR patch completely.

Hi,

this is a great news, thanks !

I don't know what the problem is with yavdr but I can confirm that rotorng and rotor-0.1.5 is working properly with the latest versions of standard vdr (and TT S2-6400), including version 1.7.31.

Attached both plugins (rotorng is practically the same of yavdr, I think ?(. Thanks to yavdr-team for his work!)

ciao

Jan

• Thanks for confirming that it worked with vanilla VDR.

The problem with yavdr was the VDR patch had been updated to change how it identified the delivery system (DVB-S or DVB-S2) and for some reason this patch is a little overcomplicated and doesn't work. There are functions already in VDR core to do this and it didn't need the additional function that had been included in the patch. This was the cause of the "Invalid Argument" type errors and is now fixed.

There was also a problem with the cStatusMonitor::ChannelSwitch method, it has changed in core VDR to add another parameter (bool LiveView), I think in VDR 1.7.26 which wasn't updated in rotorng, so when changing channel the rotor also didn't work.

Now, rather than implementing new code in VDR for SendDiseqcCmd, I believe we might be able to use the "ExecuteDiseqc" function that is already in VDR, I think that was implemented for the LNB sharing code. If so, there should be no further requirement for a patch.

I will look at this maybe today and provide an update later.

Cheers,

Morfsta

• Hi,

Yes, there are several plugins affected by the ChannelSwitch changes.
    If it's possible to use ExecuteDiseqc that would be great! Every obsoleted patch is a good patch. :)

It may also appear complicated because I tried to get it work with dynamite. When you finished your work I will have a look at it if it's then easier.

Lars.

• It would be good also to get it working with dynamite as currently I must disable this.

I understand that dynamite creates a "proxy" type virtual device between the physical device and userspace? Currently rotorng uses the physical card instance setup in a setup option to send the command to, how does this change with dynamite and how do we know which card to use etc? We would also need to make sure that dynamite passes on the ioctl to the real device.

Thanks

• Yes, you're right. The "dynamite"-devices pass through all calls to the virtual functions of cDevice.
    It won't work, if plugins needs some "special" device as:

Code
    cDvbDevice* dvbdevice = reinterpret_cast<cDvbDevice*>(cDevice::GetDevice(i));

since the devices at the array in cDevice aren't cDvbDevices anymore. In such cases you have to test the "subdevice". I add some new functions to cDevice for this purpose, see https://github.com/flensrocker…-dynamite-subdevice.patch, esp. line 362 and following (the changes at device.h).
    But it's too theoretical, just get your plugin working with vanilla vdr and then we can look at the parts which communicates with the devices. Often there isn't much to do and it's easier to explain with a real example.

Lars.

• OK, there is a new version of the rotorng plugin at: -

http://projects.vdr-developer.…d/1087/rotorng-0.3.tar.gz

Which includes a patch against vanilla vdr-1.7.27 in it.

Here is a patch against the YAVDR VDR source tree to fix the problem: -

Please test this and let me know how things go.

Thanks,

Morfsta

• Code
    + cDvbTransponderParameters dtp(channel.Parameters());

So, just one additional line of code, is that right?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Yes and a move of the function.

Ok, let's test if this change does harm any of the other functions, DiSEqC, Device Bonding, SCR. If not it might be small enough to ask for general usage in VDR ...

If it does compile w/o issues in our VDR package, I think about to put it into VDR 1.7.27 of 0.3/0.4 stable-vdr, also the new plugin version.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

• Hi,

The patch won't harm the other functions since it's introduced by the rotor-patch and isn't used by anyone else.

I'll have a look at this, too, maybe that other function (GetCurrentDeliverySystem) was written by me.
    Thanks for the patch.

So you didn't get ExecuteDiseqc to work without a vdr-patch?

Lars.

• Just updated via the yavdr ppa and it seems to be working fine :) Need to do some more testing later, but at first sight it looks very good.
    Thanks for your work !

Greetings,
    MrNike

Hardware: Zotac ION F, Cine S2 V5.4 DVB-S2, 1.5TB HD, 2 GB Ram
    Software: Ubuntu Precise
    64bit, yavdr:vdr-unstable ppa, xbmc
    www.coinflip.de

• Hi MrNike,

Interesting - which package did you take? Ah, I see, you're using unstable-vdr, than it's ok.
    If it's working I will backport the patch to vdr 1.7.27 for testing and stable. Will do this weekend.

What about dynamite? Have you disabled it? Can you test with dynamite enabled, please?

Lars.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!