[SOLVED upgrading to yaVDR 0.5]Total hang in yaVDR 0.4

• Had a similar issue.
    Could it be that we resurrect the IRQ-DMA-EPG-Bug by changing the dvb-packages? i know that it was only mantis related but who knows..
    Maybe you can try deactivating your EPG-Scan. I think/hope it solved the problem in my case.

VDR: Asus M3N78-EM mit Onboard Nvidia 8300, AMD 5050e, 2x2GB Ram, 8GB SATA Transcend SSD + 1 TB WD green, Atric-Einschalter, Hitachi-LCD 240x128 (HD61830) & AX206 (Pearl), Terratec S2 HD & TeVii S464 (unterstützt durch v4l-dvb per selfmade-patch), yaVDR 0.4

• Had a similar issue.
    Could it be that we resurrect the IRQ-DMA-EPG-Bug by changing the dvb-packages? i know that it was only mantis related but who knows..
    Maybe you can try deactivating your EPG-Scan. I think/hope it solved the problem in my case.

Hi.

But if I deactivate EPG-Scan, do I miss the epg info for scheduling recordings?

jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• But if I deactivate EPG-Scan, do I miss the epg info for scheduling recordings?

Yes, it'll disable the background EIT scan. You still get the EPG information from the activly viewed live tv channels.

What version of VDR do you actually use? The version 1.7.22 from stable-vdr? Do you use Device Bonding? Would you give VDR 1.7.26 from testing-vdr a chance?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• What version of VDR do you actually use? The version 1.7.22 from stable-vdr? Do you use Device Bonding? Would you give VDR 1.7.26 from testing-vdr a chance?

Regards
    fnu

Hi.

I use yaVDR-0.4 updated. I guess the version of VDR came from stable-vdr.

I do not know what is "Device Bonding" so I can not answer you the question.

I would give a chance to VDR 1.7.26, but I am not an advanced user and I do not know how to change the VDR version. I just know how to do "apt-get update" and "apt-get dist-upgrade", so I guess I will have to wait till the version 1.7.26 is in yaVDR repository.

Thanks.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• I do not know what is "Device Bonding" so I can not answer you the question.

Device Bonding has been known in the past as "LNB Sharing Patch". This function is since 1.7.22 part of upstream VDR, called "Device Bonding".

Regards
    fnu

• Device Bonding has been known in the past as "LNB Sharing Patch". This function is since 1.7.22 part of upstream VDR, called "Device Bonding".

Regards
    fnu

Thanks for the answer but I do not know if I am using it.

I only have to install a patch to have infrared working every time there are a kernel update. It is a file (nuvoton-cir.ko) that I copy in:
    /lib/modules/2.6.XX-XX-generic/kernel/drivers/media/rc
    afterwards I run:
    sudo depmod -v
    and afterwards I reboot the computer.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• Thanks for the answer but I do not know if I am using it.

In that case most probably not, either you have 2x DVB device connect to one LNB connection, supported by an apropriate splitter?

I only have to install a patch to have infrared working every time there are a kernel update. It is a file (nuvoton-cir.ko) that I copy in:
    /lib/modules/2.6.XX-XX-generic/kernel/drivers/media/rc

Wow, since some fellows of the yaVDR team do use these nuvoton devices, I would guess we have a proper DKMS solution in our repositories. Let me point one of the guys to this thread here.

If you are interessted in testing VDR 1.7.26, you might add our PPA "testing-vdr" on top of the existing stable ones:

Code
    #/> sudo apt-add-repository ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr
    #/> sudo apt-get update
    #/> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Regards
    fnu

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• I only have to install a patch to have infrared working every time there are a kernel update. It is a file (nuvoton-cir.ko) that I copy in:

Hi, what patch is it? Have you checked if it has been included to our driver-packet linux-media-dkms already?

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Hi, what patch is it? Have you checked if it has been included to our driver-packet linux-media-dkms already?

Hi.

Sorry, but I do not know if it is included. I only can say that without the patch my remote control does not work.

I upload the file for your checking.

Thanks.
    jbjbjb

• It's hard to tell from a already compiled binary file - have you ever tried to install the package linux-media-dkms?

• It's hard to tell from a already compiled binary file - have you ever tried to install the package linux-media-dkms?

Nop, What should I do?, deleting the nuvoton-cir.ko file, do the "sudo depmod -v" and install linux-media-dkms?.

jbjbjb

• Installing linux-media-dkms and a reboot should be enough AFAIK

• Hi.

Installed linux-media-dkms and a rebooted. Now the remote works fine except the "Menu" button, it does not work. Some idea how to recover that button?

Edited: Power button does not work neither.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Now the remote works fine except the "Menu" button, it does not work. Some idea how to recover that button?

Please post the output of "sudo ir-keytabe" and "sudo ir-keytable -r"

• Please post the output of "sudo ir-keytabe" and "sudo ir-keytable -r"

Hi.

Results for "sudo ir-keytable":

Results for "sudo ir-keytable -r":

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• All right - please download this script and run it:

Code
    wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/960809/list-rc-core.sh
    sudo cmod +x list-rc-core.sh
    sudo ./list-rc-core.sh set

It will create all needed files, templates and rules for your receivers. After running my script there should be a new file: /etc/rc_keymaps/rc-rc6-mce you will have to edit as follows:
    First line:

Code
    # table rc-rc6-mce, type: RC-6

Then rename the keys that aren't working to the standard yaVDR names (as stated in the Documentation http://www.yavdr.org/documentation/de/ch02s03.html#id490366 or in your remote.conf - btw: we are still looking for someone who is able to translate our documentation into good english and other languages), for example change

Code
    0x800f040d = KEY_MEDIA

to

Code
    0x800f040d = KEY_MENU

After you edited the keytable, you can either reboot your PC or use it by (re)loading the new keytable manually:

Code
    sudo ir-keytable -w /etc/rc_keymaps/rc-rc6-mce

• Hi.

Thanks for the script and the explanations.

Menu button is working now, but power button is not.

I think the line with "0x800f0465 = KEY_POWER2" is correct but the power button does not work.

Should I change for another key?

Regards.
    jbjbjb

• I think the line with "0x800f0465 = KEY_POWER2" is correct but the power button does not work.

What is the output for the power key (when eventlircd is stopped)

Code
    sudo ir-keytable -t

And what is the output of "sudo irw" (when eventlircd is started) for the same key?

• What is the output for the power key (when eventlircd is stopped)

Code
    sudo ir-keytable -t

And what is the output of "sudo irw" (when eventlircd is started) for the same key?

Hi

For sudo irw:

Code
    8e 0 KEY_SLEEP devinput

But for sudo ir-keytable -t

Code
    Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.

Nothing more happens, even pressing buttons.

jbjbjb

• Nothing more happens, even pressing buttons.

Did you stop eventlircd before?

Code
    sudo stop eventlircd

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!