No sound in one HD channel[Detected Problem- Dolby Digital Sound Bug]

• Zitat

Originally posted by steffen_b
    It has been confirmed to us that EAC3 sound is causing problems, it has also been confirmed to us that unpatched vdr is not having the problem. What of the patches ist causing it we dont know yet. there is no channel available on Astra 19.2E with which we could debug this, so we need someone able to receive such a channel willing to debug it. We will then incorporate any findings.

We have approx 40 Patches, some more likely causing it then others, it would be required to recompile vdr without some of the patches one by one and possibly recompiling the plugins used and then try it again.

Might not be the answer you like, but thats the status, maybe we can find some time to make some guesses you could prove later.

It is a perfect and an understandable answer.

I can record the channel and I have played the recording in another computer with mplayer correctly (including sound). If uploading a little portion of recording can help, I can do it. If you need me to do some try, I can do it, but I am an novice in linux and yavdr, so, if new compilations are required, that is another league for me, I would need a guideline for silly people.

Thanks.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Original von javier260
    The problem is that Xine codecs installed in yavdr is not able to reproduce EAC3.

If this is true, why are there then infos that say it works with an unpatchend vdr?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Zitat

Originally posted by javier260
    The problem is that Xine codecs installed in yavdr is not able to reproduce EAC3. I have the same problem also with TV3 HD channel. Can you hear TV3 HD?

Nope.

I had no signal in TV3 HD tuner, but I tuned TV3 HD yerterday from another mux and I realize that the sound is not reproduced.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Zitat

Original von javier260
    gda, You can test that the problem is xine in yavdr don't know how to handle EAC3 playing one recording with xine in verbose mode and look about Audio info.

I don't understand this sentence, maybe because of the lack of punctuation marks. Could even be 3 sentences.

To make it clear, if the problem is only in xine, we will do nothing, because it is a problem of the xine developers. It it is a problem of a patch in the vdr, we might do some testing, but with very low priority, because no member of the team is missing EAC3. So it would be better if you would get active yourself.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Zitat

Originally posted by steffen_b
    TV3 HD is on which Sat ? Any EAC3 channel free receivable and on Astra ?

TV3 HD is a dvb-t channel, I did not say anything about it at first because I did not have signal to wacht it.

If you need me to do something, I can try your suggestions (as not advanced user). Thanks.

• Sorry for my english: "You can test that the problem is (xine in yavdr) don't know how to handle EAC3, playing one recording with xine in verbose mode, and look about Audio info."

I wanted to say:
    1.- Record a channel with EAC3 sound, as TVE-HD (dvb-t for Spain), or TV3-HD (dvb-t in Catalonia).
    2.- Try to play it with a windows PC, and check if you can hear sound. If yes ..
    3.- Try to play it with xine (with verbose switch) at yavdr PC.
    4.- Look at verbose info of xine, and see this message "audio_decoder: no supplement is available to handle 'E-AC-3'" (translated from spanish, may be not same english words).

• Problem is:
    - i can not fly to spain to try that
    - we got feedback that unpatched vdr is able to play the sound (which might be wrong and until now we failed to get any further information)
    - there is no channel we could try to proof one or the other
    - we can not just remove all patches - because the number of people affected by that by far exceeds the number of people affected by your problem

So only chance is, there is someone able to track it down, who has access to this stations. I.e. not us.

VDR User: 87 - LaScala LC14B - LG/Phillipps 6,4" VGA Display | Asrock H61/U3S3 | G630T | 1x 16GB Mobi Mtron 3035 1x WD 750GB 2,5" |1x L4m DVB-S2 Version 5.4

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von steffen_b ()

• Hi.

I guess that a portion of recording will not help to identify the patch that causes the problem.

With a how-to, I could try different things, but without a detailed manual I will not be able to do anything. You have just to see (in other thread) the dificulties I had for a simple operation like install development version of markad in my yavdr. I would like to help but I am sorry for my lack of knowledge in linux.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Original von steffen_b
    Problem is:
    - i can not fly to spain to try that

Really? Maybe the interest of the Spanish community to fix this problem is big enough to help you with this.
    Till june they should have enough time to prepare something ;)

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!