OpenPCTV (a Linux distribution based on enigma2/VDR/XBMC)

• Hi everyone ,today i would like to share with you this Linux distribution ready to install .
    openpctv is a Linux distribution based enigma2/VDR/XBMC

OpenPCTV in Testing --simple instructions

• introduction of its current functions and features
      It is integrated with XBMC 12.2frodo,VDR 2.0.2,Enigma2PC

It supports more than 60 languages,switching once to change to the language interface of XBMC/VDR/Enigma2.
      You don't need to manually edit the configuration file,using the dialog menu style to complete the most of configurations.

You can normally use it by copying the ISO file to a USB disk(creating a virtual disk files loopdisk.img in a USB disk, USB disk capacity shall be no less than 1G)
      It supports hardware decoding of AMD HD5xxx (and above) video card and Nvidia video card(Both use VDPAU). It can be normally used under VDR/XBMC, currently only supports Nvidia video cards under Enigma2.

It directly drives infrared receiver device using the kernel, common IR remote devices can directly support VDR/XBMC without any configuration.
      For DVB and V4L device driver it provides both kernel support and additional driver packages support, The additional packages including S2-liplianin and TBS can be selected to install in the configuration setup.

DiSEqC setting and channels scanning are all configured with dialog menu style. According to the configuration of DiSEqC.conf , it uses scan-s2 to scan channel.
      *XVDR addon is already installed in XBMC, you can watch VDR TV shows with XBMC by default..

• How to use
      Under Windows you can use 'Ultraiso' to write openpctv-.iso into a USB flash disk.
      Under Linux you can use syslinux tools to write a boot record in anUSB flash disk, then copy all included files of ISO into the USB flash disk. Such as:
      mkdir /tmp/iso # set openpctv-.iso file mountpoint.
      mount -o loop/where/is/you/openpctv-
      .iso /tmp/iso # mount openpctv-.iso to /tmp/iso.
      cp -a /tmp/iso/
      /media/usb # copy all included files of ISO to your USB disk.
      # /Media/USB is the mountpoint of your USB disk.
      syslinux /dev/sdb4 # /dev/sdb4 is the device of the USB disk
      cd /media/usb
      mv isolinux syslinux
      mv syslinux/isolinux.cfg syslinux/syslinux.cfg # change isolinux to syslinux
      When you start it for the first time, please enter 'Setup mode' to complete all the initial configurations.

openpctv-.iso can be burned into CD, and you can normally run OpenPCTV with LiveCD mode, but all changes will be lost after reboot.

You can use the installer to install the system in your hard disk. But at present it can only be installed in your entire hard disk.
      Xorg runs on tty4, you can at any time press Ctrl+Alt+F1 ... F3 to switch and login to shell using root:root, you can run 'setup' in the bash shell environment to configure. Note that if vdr.service is running, then all changes for VDR will be invalid. You can stop vdr.service this time. such as:
      systemctl stop vdr # Stop vdr.service
      systemctl stop xbmc # Stop xbmc.service
      systemctl stop enigma2pc # Stop enigma2pc.service

You can use the ssh remote to login in OpenPCTV (user:root,password:root,scp and sftp are both supported), also can use ftp (user:password openpctv:openpctv)

• The current known bug
      *Enigma2 has a lot of work to do,but is available now)

Here is a installation guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9ZXpQvWZs

Here is the download link with diferent monthly releases :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openpctv/files/release/

Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core
    TBS6982 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner PCIe Card
    PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick (340e)
    ASUS GeForce® 210 EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von daredavil87 ()

• terrible video (click sounds undwatchable with sound)

• I don't understand this. Here you ask for help installing an info display in an ubuntu 10.04 based distribution and now
    you recommend another one that contains the necessary plugin already. How long do you know it?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• I don't understand this. Here you ask for help installing an info display in an ubuntu 10.04 based distribution and now
    you recommend another one that contains the necessary plugin already. How long do you know it?

Gerald

Just doing some search on the internet and i found this distribution , and i decided to share it with the community of vdr-portal .

Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core
    TBS6982 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner PCIe Card
    PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick (340e)
    ASUS GeForce® 210 EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP)

• Just doing some search on the internet and i found this distribution , and i decided to share it

Better, you are looking further and share it on Facebook. :thumbup:

Albert

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!