yaVDR32 0.3.2 S3 wakeup does not work

• Hello, I''m trying to make an automatic DVB low power recorder with Intel Mount Washington mini itx motherboard and technotrend premium v1.6 card (Astra 3A at 23.5). I have tried to install 32bit 0.3.2 yaVDR. Everything works fine except on the S3 wakeup (default). I do not use nvram or acpi wakeup.

I have reduced the sleep times in VDR menu to 5 minutes only (will use the machine for recording only).

But when I setup a new timer, the machine sleeps correctly (the power led blinks), but it will not wake up for recording.

Please advice, where to look, how to setup the wakeup.

• Please advice, where to look, how to setup the wakeup.

Please increase the sleep time to 30 minutes, better to 60 minutes for testing.

Albert

• Do you think the S3 wakeup does not work with VDR sleep settings lower than 30 minutes?

Yes, without explanation. Try it simple. If it works, then we are happy. When not, then we superior that once again.

Albert

• I have tried 30 min event inactivity + 30 min inactivity settings and it still did not wake up for the timer recording.

Then I tested to activate ACPI wakeup in /etc/vdr and switched to "power off" in yavdr config and it seems to work! I will do several tests today, the first test was successful.

• Everything works fine except on the S3 wakeup (default). I do not use nvram or acpi wakeup.

Then I tested to activate ACPI wakeup in /etc/vdr and switched to "power off" in yavdr config and it seems to work! I will do several tests today, the first test was successful.

Well, automatic wakeup either from S3 or S5 does only work even either with NVRAM wakeup or yaVDR default ACPI wakeup ... ? Yes, could be that it have to be enabled manually to make it work. So, your issue is solved?

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Well, it does not wakeup from S3, as planned before, but from ACPI sleep. (That is probably S4 or S5?). The power consumption is even better (S3 it was 1,8W and now it is 0,7W). So I'm fine with that.

I have tested it several times this afternoon, and it really works even with 10 minutes timeout setup only (= quite short).

I have tested the latest 64bit beta before, without success. Also the other VDR distros (ct vdr, etc) weren't waking up from the sleep out of the box. Maybe the Intel Mount Washington is too new to have right drivers, but with the beta the frontend was without video and either of the sleep modes (S3/acpi/nvram) didn't work out of the box. So I went for the 0.3.2 / 32bit and as I wrote, everything was OK except the wakeup, which now works.

For me, if I will not watch the video often, is the 32 bit version OK. The only disadvantage is quite old version of the "live" web access. (It cannot be configured, how many mins before should the recording start and how many minutes after should it end) May it be upgraded by apt get?

• @pavii

Most probably it's S5, yes :)

S3 is more a matter of startup time, whereas these machines don't need to pass BIOS init etc. due startup. But not all machines do work with/into S3 or come back from it. I would guess a single digit percentage doesn't work correctly. This is not an OS issue, this is a vendor/OEM issue.

So, if S5 is reliable and does work, stick to it until you found the one and only hint to make your mainboard S3 aware. Don't test with less than 10min between your wakeup tests ...

You could stay on 32-bit yaVDR 0.3.x or you could also try yaVDR 0.4, which is 64-bit. Bottomline you get same VDR inside after "apt-get dist-upgrade", VDR 1.7.27.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• OK, thanks for your help 8)

Please do you know if there is some way to get VDR running with Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus DVB-S adapter? This is a PCI card adapter with the CI module reader connected through USB.

EDIT: The Nova-S-Plus adapter works, but for unscrambled channels only. The USB CI reader has no effect - the scrambled channels cannot be played.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!