vdr blocked playing a recording[SOLVED unplugging extrecmenu]

• Hi.

Too much times as desirable vdr gets blocked when I try to play a recording (At least 1 or 2 times a day).
    After the hang-up I restarted the pc.

The /var/log/messages in today's hang-up is:

Tje file /var/log/syslog is:

And the file /var/log/user is:

Is this information enough to find out what the problem is?

Thanks.
    jbjbjb

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Originally posted by hepi

Problems with your network connection? Cables broken? Network interfaces damaged? Router broken?

Cheers,
    hepi

I have changed the cable for a new one. The router seems to work correctly (it gives conection to internet). The compurter is brand-new (but It can have the network interface damaged).

Now, I am downloading a couple of torrents and the speed is about 250 KB/s. It seems not to have problems, but I am worried.

How can I find more information to detect the problem of checksum error?

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Another hang-up of vdr, restart vdr required

The new logs are:

Do you see any problem in the logs?

• Remove the index file of the recording and try again.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Another one:

• Zitat

Originally posted by gda
    Remove the index file of the recording and try again.

Gerald

Well, after reboot, I played correctly the recording but the second hang-up has become when I player another recording.

• Zitat

Original von jbjbjb

Well, after reboot, I played correctly the recording but the second hang-up has become when I player another recording.

You had removed the index file from this second recording before replay?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Zitat

Originally posted by gda

You had removed the index file from this second recording before replay?

Gerald

No, I had not read your message yet.

After restart vdr with the second recording there was no problem playing it again.

• Additional info:

rsyslogd was using almost 100% CPU

• Today I have been doing more test.

The recordings hang-up vdr every two playings. The firt time I can play a recording and the next time do not.

I already have tried to remove index file and it seems to solve the problem, because I achieved to play one recording several times without hang-ups.

Should I change something in my settings???

Thanks.

• More information.

When I delete the index file and play again, the index file is rebuilt, so after that, the second time I play the recording, vdr hangs-up again.

• Zitat

Originally posted by hotzenplotz5
    stop rsyslog-delay
    apt-get update
    apt-get dist-upgrade

Hi.
    Nothing changes. yavdr was updated, so 0 updates done in dist-upgrade.

Every two playings ==> one hang-up

if index file is not rebuilt, there are not problems, but when rebuilt, problem is back again.

• Why this behabiour so odd?. Sometimes it plays correctly, sometimes it hangs-up and I have to restart vdr, in alternative times. It can be something related with index file as Gerald suggested but I can not find anything like that on the web.

My yavdr has become useless if I can not play the recordings without let vdr hanged.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Do I format + reinstall yavdr and try to avoid last system updates???

• jbjbjb

try the following steps, please. Disable the extrecmenu-plugin by adding the line

Code
    -extrecmenu

to the file /etc/vdr/plugin/order.conf.
    And execute

Code
    restart vdr

For every recording you try to view, delete the index a last time again. Tell us your results.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• Thanks for the answers sami and gda.

I had restored a safety copy that I made before my last dist-update, but sadly the problem continues. This time I achieved play 6 or 7 times before a hang-up, but it keeps on.

After disabling extrecmenu and delete the index file of one of my recordings I have achieved hang-up another time vdr. After restart vdr again I achieved to play 4-5 recordings without deleting the index file but I will tell you next days.

Why the problem is produced ramdomly? Is there any explanation?
    Thanks again

• Hi.

This is the log for another hang-up:
    user.log

syslog

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!