PearlHD skin and clock in main menu [SOLVED]

• Hi.

In the main entry of the menu in the skin PearlHD, the time of the clock is mixed-up with the word Clock.

Is there a way to solve it, to avoid this overlap?

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• jbjbjb

You mean "oClock", isn't it?

If yes something went wrong with the localization files, what is common if you compile and install it by yourself. But since you're using yaVDR it shouldn't happen, unless you have choosen a weird language [combination].

First you may reinstall it, just to make sure the installation is correct:

Code
    #/> sudo aptitude purge vdr-skin-pearlhd
    #/> sudo aptitude install vdr-skin-pearlhd

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Hi.

fnu
    Yes I mean oClock (I can not read properly the 'o').

The language I choosed for the installation was spanish. I had a problem to acces to the configuration web page because of that. I had to modify a file to see the web page in english. But I guess It is a diferent thing.

I will try it later. Thanks.

VDR 1: Intel NUC6i5SYK || SSD 128Gb M.2 2242 ADATA PREMIER || External HD: W.D. Elements 5 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb KINGSTON HYPERX IMPACT − DDR4 || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || easyVdr 3.0
    VDR 2: Xtreamer Ultra || HD 2 Tb || RAM: 4 Gb || Remote compatible Microsoft Media Center || 3 tuners pctv nanoStick || yaVdr 0.6
    VDR 3: Siemens Gigaset M740 AV + HD Western Digital "My Book Essential-2, 1Tb" (6 partitions ext2) || VDR-NG-EM 0.6 Pro - Rev 844

• Hi.

When I removed skin, it asked me to remove vdr-essentials. Should I remove that?. It sound important.

I purge the skin and reinstall without remove vdr-essentials and the hour of the clock is over the word "oClok".

any other option?

• Zitat

Originally posted by tomas

there are two possibilities... which language is set for VDR-OSD, Spanish or English?

Gruß
    Tomas

Hi

The language is Spanish.

jbjbjb

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jbjbjb ()

• Zitat

Original von jbjbjb
    The language is Spanish.

OK, then it would be better to have *hora* instead of *oClock* ;)

save the attached vdr-text2skin-PearlHD.mo.txt as

/usr/share/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/vdr-text2skin-PearlHD.mo

(without the '.txt'-suffix !!!!)

and reboot.

There is a *combined* field for time and *oClock* resp. its translation. For the four time-digits and oClock the field is a little bit too narrow, so you get an overlap of digits and chars. For *hora* or *Uhr* the field is wide enough. If you want to have some space between the last digit and the text you have to edit the skinfile to enlarge the field....

Gruß
    Tomas

• Awesome. Thanks for your help. It is working like a charm, and with the proper language!!!.

Thanks again.

jbjbjb

Bilder

• Zitat

Originally posted by tomas
    There is a *combined* field for time and *oClock* resp. its translation. For the four time-digits and oClock the field is a little bit too narrow, so you get an overlap of digits and chars. For *hora* or *Uhr* the field is wide enough. If you want to have some space between the last digit and the text you have to edit the skinfile to enlarge the field....

I have curiosity. Which or where is located the skin file?
    Can I edit it with a text editor?

• Hi,

location of skinfile:
    /usr/share/vdr-skins/pearlhd/PearlHD.skin

it is a textfile (xml)

excellent documentation:
    http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki…/Text2skin-skin_reference
    http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki…p/Text2skin-skin_creation

after editing skinfile, you have to restart VDR!

have fun ;)
    Tomas

• Thanks.

Regards.
    jbjbjb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!