vdr-em84xx-0.0.13

• Hi all. I'm trying to compile, (ebuild under gentoo), media-plugins/vdr-em84xx-0.0.13 with no luck.

I'm getting the following errors:

Code
    >>> Compiling source in /var/tmp/portage/media-plugins/vdr-em84xx-0.0.13/work/em84xx-0.0.13 ...
    g++ -march=c3-2 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -c -DCONFDIR=\"/etc/vdr\" -DUSE_CHANNELSCAN -DUSE_PLUGINMISSING -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"em84xx"' -D_BARBADOS_ -D_DEFINE_FMP_TYPES_ -I/usr/include -I/usr/include  -Iem84xx em84xx.c
    g++ -march=c3-2 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -c -DCONFDIR=\"/etc/vdr\" -DUSE_CHANNELSCAN -DUSE_PLUGINMISSING -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"em84xx"' -D_BARBADOS_ -D_DEFINE_FMP_TYPES_ -I/usr/include -I/usr/include  -Iem84xx device.c
    device.c: In member function 'virtual void cDeviceEm84xx::MakePrimaryDevice(bool)':
    device.c:280: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type 'cOsdProviderEm84xx'
    osd.h:64: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure within 'cOsdProviderEm84xx':
    /usr/include/vdr/osd.h:409: note:       virtual cOsd* cOsdProvider::CreateOsd(int, int, uint)
    make: *** [device.o] Error 1

I have tried gcc 3.4.x and 4.1.3. Other vdr plugins compile with no errors. Can someone help me? I'm pulling out what's left of my hair over this!

jb777

• This is because you are using one of the up-to-date vdr versions and the em84xx has not been updated to be compatible for a long time now. I guess you are using vdr 1.6 or vdr 1.7. If i remember right, Helau (Maintainer of gen2vdr) has patched to plugin to compile for versions later than 1.4.7. I will try to find the package and send it to you later this day.

• Zitat

Originally posted by dortje
    This is because you are using one of the up-to-date vdr versions and the em84xx has not been updated to be compatible for a long time now. I guess you are using vdr 1.6 or vdr 1.7. If i remember right, Helau (Maintainer of gen2vdr) has patched to plugin to compile for versions later than 1.4.7. I will try to find the package and send it to you later this day.

Hi dortje, you are right, I'm trying to build against vdr 1.6.0.

Will the author of the em84xx plugin be updating and maintaining for later versions of vdr?

I look forward to receiving the patched plugin. Thanks for your quick and helpfull reply.

jb777

• Zitat

Originally posted by helau
    Hi,
    Here is the patched version for the em84 plugin.

Thanks for that. I'll post back when I get it going!
    I'm getting error "vdr: /usr/lib/vdr/plugins/libvdr-em84xx.so.1.6.0: undefined symbol: img_convert" when vdr loads the em84xx plugin.

jb777

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!