VDR info display help

• hi everyone . i need a little help to setup my htpc.
    i would like to know if it is possible to use a 7 inch lcd display as info display for my vdr , connected in the videocard vga
    to display channels info , cd dvd art etc. the tv is connected via hdmi.
    Hardware info
    Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core 3Ghz
    TBS6982 DVB-S2 Dual Tuner PCIe Card
    PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick (340e)
    ASUS GeForce® 210 EN210 SILENT/DI/1GD3/V2(LP)

Ubuntu 10.04

Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core

• hi everyone . i need a little help to setup my htpc.
    i would like to know if it is possible to use a 7 inch lcd display as info display for my vdr , connected in the videocard vga
    to display channels info , cd dvd art etc. the tv is connected via hdmi.

Yes, with some clicks in the webfrontend in yaVDR.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Hi,

the plugin graphtft can do this.
    http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Graphtft-plugin (german)

Regards
    schneisa

• sorry for my ignorance on this argument,but is thare any step by step guide that shows how to do it ?

Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core

• The Threadopener does not(!) useing ya, but NFVDR.

And what? That doesn't make wrong what I said.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• And what? That doesn't make wrong what I said.

Gerald

No, but useless. :D

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Client2: Alfawise H96 Pro Plus * KODI
    - Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin
    - SAT>IP: Inverto iLNB

• After installation of NFVDR you can never again change the OS?

Gerald

No never. :tup

- Client1: Thermaltake DH 102 mit 7" TouchTFT * Debian Stretch/vdr-2.4.0/graphtft/MainMenuHooks-Patch * Zotac H55-ITX WiFi * Core i3 540 * 4GB RAM ** Zotac GT630 * 1 TB System HDD * 4 GB RAM * Harmony 900 * satip-Plugin

- Server: Intel Pentium G3220 * DH87RL * 16GB RAM * 4x4TB 3.5" WD RED + 1x500GB 2.5" * satip-Plugin

• After installation of NFVDR you can never again change the OS?

Gerald

nfvdr is a squashfs imgage . just create a 4 or 6 GB ext4 partition and restore it via ucloner running ubuntu

download it from here https://code.google.com/p/ucloner/downlo…tar.gz&can=2&q=

it's chinese but can simply changed to english or german via Language Support.

in similar the language can be changed on enigma2pc

Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core

• Are you able to install the VDR source and compile VDR? I dont know NFVDR.

• Gerald
    nfvdr is a squashfs imgage . just create a 4 or 6 GB ext4 partition and restore it via ucloner running ubuntu

No interest, I made my own VDR-Distribution. ;)

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• No interest, I made my own VDR-Distribution. ;)

Gerald

i would be thanksfull if you could give me a hand about the question a asked above about the VDR info display, and not argue about NFVDR , :( :( that system is not created be me , i found it on a chinese forum and i decided to share with no profit on it .

Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core

• i would be thanksfull if you could give me a hand about the question a asked above about the VDR info display, and not argue about NFVDR

I didn't argue about NFVDR, I answered only on other posts that mentioned it. Maybe you should read your initial question again. You asked whether it is possible to do that and I answered yes, only in other words.
    In this first post you didn't tell anything about your environment, so it was not possible to go into more detail. So it is okay for me to answer this first post with the experiences I have from my own distribution.
    Anyway, if this distribution is really based on Ubuntu 10.04 you will get it to work only, if you are able to compile the necessary packages on your own. This version of Ubuntu is much too old. There are no repositories with ready made packages for it.

Because of your question for a step by step guide, I can say now to your initial question, no it is not possible until you not change the distribution.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• I didn't argue about NFVDR, I answered only on other posts that mentioned it. Maybe you should read your initial question again. You asked whether it is possible to do that and I answered yes, only in other words.
    In this first post you didn't tell anything about your environment, so it was not possible to go into more detail. So it is okay for me to answer this first post with the experiences I have from my own distribution.
    Anyway, if this distribution is really based on Ubuntu 10.04 you will get it to work only, if you are able to compile the necessary packages on your own. This version of Ubuntu is much too old. There are no repositories with ready made packages for it.

Because of your question for a step by step guide, I can say now to your initial question, no it is not possible until you not change the distribution.

Gerald

thanks for your honest answer sir , . what if i change to yavdr 0.5. will it be any chance that you could tell me how to do it , or the best distribution that you can suggest me to make this possible ?

Dell optiplex 760
    RAM 2Gb
    Intel E8400 Dual core

• If you use yaVDR you can enable your second display via Web Interface.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!