[Newbie]Yavdr 0.2 $SOURCEDIR/vdr/PLUGINS/src path

• Hi,

This is my first attempt to install plugins into yavdr 0.2 but I could not find this path $SOURCEDIR/vdr/PLUGINS/src. Somebody help me please.

Thanks

Regards
    Sami

• Did you install the (ya)vdr-sources?

Wer alkoholfreies Bier trinkt, wählt auch kompetenzfreie Politiker [frei nach Volker Pispers]

• Zitat

Originally posted by NullP
    Did you install the (ya)vdr-sources?

hmmm, I am using yavdr 0.2 iso CD. Everythig is working fine but I cant install plugins, how I am supposed to install yavdr sources? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Regards

• Guys, Is my question stupid or unclear? I thought the answer would be fairly easy for anyone who ever installed a plugin:(
    I really searched the google before I posted this thread but could dont find my answer so you are my only hope:)

Thanks

Regards
    Sami

• Zitat

Original von sami
    I thought the answer would be fairly easy for anyone who ever installed a plugin:(

Nonsense, to install a plugin is totally different then to build a plugin. What plugin you want to build? If it is the plugin that name starts with the letter s and ends with the letter c, then try harder to find the package with google, it exists ready made for yavdr, no need to build it. Don't talk about this plugin in this portal and no pn!

We have around 150 Plugins in our repository and you can't find yours there?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gda ()

• Thanks Gerald. No I dont want that plugin, I only tried to install skinenigma, and the first step in installation it says go to this path:

> cd /put/your/path/here/VDR/PLUGINS/src

My problem is that I dont know where is this directory. I hope it is clear now.

Regards
    Sami

• sudo apt-get install vdr-plugin-skinenigmang

MFG Sven

VDR: Prozessor: Intel Core E5200 (45nm) Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H RAM: 2GB DDR2 800 Grafikkarte: Palit Geforce 210 LP (noch recht laut muss noch bearbeitet werden) HDD: 1500gb Seagate SATA FB: Pollin X10
    Software: yavdr 0.3 :love2

• Zitat

Originally posted by sven-rosema
    sudo apt-get install vdr-plugin-skinenigmang

MFG Sven

Thanks alot mate, it installed successfully. I am still interested to know how to install a plugin manually though. Where is that directory guys:)

Regards
    Sami

• If you have already updated to yavdr 0.3 you can find them in your web interface.
    Available under your VDR´s IP adress.

If you are on yavdr stable (0.2) you can locate them via

apt-cache search vdr-plugin-*

.edit. installing through apt-get install vdr-plugin-xxx

MFG

Sven

VDR: Prozessor: Intel Core E5200 (45nm) Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EG41MFT-US2H RAM: 2GB DDR2 800 Grafikkarte: Palit Geforce 210 LP (noch recht laut muss noch bearbeitet werden) HDD: 1500gb Seagate SATA FB: Pollin X10

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von sven-rosema ()

• Thanks alot Sven. Now I can explore the plugins and choose what I want:)

Thank you very much Yavdr team.

BTW, I did not know that yavdr 0.3 is out. How I can upgrde into it? or is it just for experienced users? Thanks again.

Regards
    Sami

• Zitat

Original von sami

Thanks alot mate, it installed successfully. I am still interested to know how to install a plugin manually though. Where is that directory guys:)

But this way you are installing a plugin manually. You ask for building a plugin. Why do you want to build a plugin if they are already ready in our repository? I could explain it to you but it seems you don't know what you are doing. This makes me afraid that it would need too much of my time to explain.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Zitat

Original von sami
    BTW, I did not know that yavdr 0.3 is out.

This is because it is not out.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• gda ich hab das so verstanden das er nur welche installieren will, deshalb hab ich ihm mal den Weg über apt-get erklärt ;)

• Hi Gerald,

what I am trying to do is to follow for example these instructions to install (or build i am not sure)skinenigmang(I have already installed it from yavdr repository but it is an example):

Installation( taken from reademe file from skinengma plugin).
    ------------

> cd /put/your/path/here/VDR/PLUGINS/src
    > tar -xzf /put/your/path/here/vdr-skinenigmang-X.Y.Z.tgz
    > ln -s skinenigmang-X.Y.Z skinenigmang
    OR (for CVS checkout):
    > ln -s EnigmaNG skinenigmang
    > cd skinenigmang

> cp -df themes/*.theme /path/to/vdrconf/themes/
    > cd /put/your/path/here/VDR
    > make
    > make plugins
    > ./vdr -P skinenigmang

As you see I am stuck in the first step because I dont know which directory I should go to( this phrase /put/your/path/here/ should be replacd by which path in yavdr?)

If you think it might be difficult for such a newbie as myself to do it, then no need for it, I guess I can install directly from your repository:)

Thanks alot for your efforts

Regards
    Sam

• Zitat

Original von sven-rosema
    gda ich hab das so verstanden das er nur welche installieren will, deshalb hab ich ihm mal den Weg über apt-get erklärt ;)

Das habe ich auch so verstanden, aber er glaubt, dass das Bauen von Plugins das manuelle Installieren wäre. Ich sage ja, er weiß nicht was er tut.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• Zitat

Original von sami
    what I am trying to do is to follow for example these instructions to install (or build i am not sure)skinenigmang(I have already installed it from yavdr repository but it is an example):

But it doesn't work like this in debian/ubuntu based distributions.

Gerald

Samsung UE55H6470

• you have to install the yavdr sources first.

But i think building plugins or vdr is only for experienced users.
    You can mess up your whole installation if you dont know what you do.

And i think the developers and supporters of yavdr wont help you if you messed it up :P

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!