2x budget dvb-s , no FF

• Dear all,

since my German is just good enough to read and understand I decided to post this here.
    I would like to buitld a Kanotix-based vdr system with 2 budget DVB-s and no FF, using the xine-plugin.
    - Is it OK to have 2 budget DVB-s in one system?
    - Is it possible to have 2 skystar-2's?
    - Is another distribution more suitable?

Thanks very much,

trellis

• Hi,

I cannot say if this works under Kanotix (but I guess it will), but right now, I have a system with two Skystar 2.6D (and a dxr3) chuggin along happily. It runs on LinVDR and adding the second Skystar was about the easiest hardware upgrade I ever did. (plug the card in, screw in the sat-cable, start VDR, works!)

On my P3-600 VDR, Iam now able to record from two different transponders and watch a third recording without any problems.

cheers

Joachim

P.S.: Welcome to the forum!

Registrieter VDR User Nr. 1237

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von joachim-h ()

• Hi All,

thought I'd post the results under Kanotix + x-vdr.

Waiting for a viable DVB-S2 alternative seemed a little too long, so I installed a second skystar2 card.

And like joachim said, it is the easiest upgrade ever. Just works out of the box.
    And to realize that (AFAIK) no other program out there supports 2 DVB-S cards...

Ah well, VDR is just great.

Cheers,

Trellis

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!