Epia MII, budget tt dvb-t gentoo horror

• Hi folks!

I have now been fighting with my Epia MII 10000 setup + Gentoo for some time now, but without getting it to work with vdr + softmpeg.

I have not found any detailed howtos for this setup, so I thought that I would describe what I have done, and if someone could helep me in spotting which step I made wrong...

System: Gentoo, 2.6.8.1 kernel applied with patch-2.6.8.1-epia1 from epiawiki, .config-file from epiawiki (added xfs-support, lirc + all dvb-frontends as modules). DVB-card is Technotrend DVB-T Budget.

I have created a detailed "step-by-step" description in what I have done. I would apreciate if someone could check it out and maybe spot some errors I have done. The page is located here:

http://vdr.rene.mine.nu

When (if) i'll ever get this wondermachine to work, i'll update that page to a guide in how to install a budget DVB-card with VDR and softmpeg.

• It works OK with budget sat card and xine

Tony

hush Mini-ITX Epia M10000, Sony 40" fullHD LCD @ 1920x1080, Skystar2, ubuntu 10.10 (sucks with VDR), VDR 1.6.0, neufbox HD and media center for recording playback

• Selam,

I had big trouble with softmpeg, mostly because it s*cks like hell. Try other Software-Decoders like:
    softdevice (preferrably) or xine-libout. They work pretty damn good, notice: you'll need a good cpu to have smooth video.

• Hi,

i've played around this weekend with my epia-m 9000 and a budget dvb-s card, running on gentoo and finally the results look really promising.
    I've used Xorg 6.8.0 with the latest unichrome/libviaxvmc patches, current dri-cvs, vdr-1.3.15 and xine-plugin 0.6.0. This setup can use the mpeg2-accelerating features of the cle266 chipset and I'm able to run vdr at about 50% cpu with my c3 933Mhz clocked to 400Mhz.
    The tv-output looks really nice and I can't tell the difference to my main vdr with a full-featured card (ok, there are some probs with the transparency of the osd, but i'll look into that tomorrow).
    Even if this solution needs X11 at the moment I'd try it. The unichrome people are currently trying to extend the hardware support of the cle266 chipset to directfb.

Bye,
    Matthias

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!