[ANNOUNCE] NetCeiver support for tvheadend

• Hallo Leute,

ich habe ein Pull Request gemacht zum tvheadend/master für NetCeiver support.

Bei mir läuft der Patch seit über 5 Jahren tadellos.

Code ist jetzt up-to-date mit tvheadend/master. Es sollte problemlos mergen.

Die tvheadend Administratoren zweifeln es zu mergen, denn sie denken dass es zu wenige Interessierte dazu gibt.

Wenn Sie denken dass der Patch akzeptiert werden soll, lassen Sie bitte eine Nachricht hinter beim Pull Request.

356-tvheadend-netceiver-support

• For the "remaining users" of NetCeiver hardware it is always a good thing if projects keep support for it. But I can partially understand why the tvheadend developers probably don't want this in their code. If they break it in future, they very likely don't even notice and it is not possible to get new NetCeiver hardware to test with.

I wonder if the patch could have been shorter overall if an existing client implementation would have been used: https://github.com/vdr-projects/libnetceiver

But at least I wouldn't even try to migrate the PR if the tvheadend developers are not interested and the existing solution works fine.

Another way (that I actually tested with success) to make tvheadend talk to a NetCeiver is to use minisatip as a "converter" in between. It is possible to use minisatip to convert the (proprietary) NetCeiver protocol over to the "more common" Sat>IP protocol and then just add the NetCeiver tuners as Sat>IP tuners to tvheadend. But I guess zapping with minisatip in between is way slower than your native support variant for tvheadend.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!