[yavdr 0.5] RotorNG broken

• Just noticed with the 0.3.1 rotorng from the yavdr ppa i still get the

Code
    Nov  2 14:51:42 Isomaniac vdr: [21453] ERROR (rotorng.c,1611): Operation not supported

error. But i can move the dish ;) The error repeats around 2 times a second.

With dynamite:

Dynamite init:

Code
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] initializing plugin: dynamite (0.1.0): attach/detach devices on the fly
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] dynamite: creating dynamic device slots as much as possible
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] dynamite: probing /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] dynamite: probing /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] dynamite: /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 is a dvb adapter trying to set card index to 0
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] dynamite: attached device /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 to dynamic device slot 1
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] dynamite: /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 is a dvb adapter trying to set card index to 1
    Nov  2 14:57:00 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] dynamite: attached device /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 to dynamic device slot 2

Send:

Code
    Nov  2 15:03:38 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] cDvbTuner::SendDiseqcCmd: device cardindex 1: enter
    Nov  2 15:03:38 Isomaniac vdr: [22689] cDvbTuner::SendDiseqcCmd: device cardindex 1: queued diseqc command
    Nov  2 15:03:39 Isomaniac vdr: [22699] cDvbTuner::Action: device cardindex 1: try send diseqc command
    Nov  2 15:03:39 Isomaniac vdr: [22696] frontend 0/0 regained lock on channel 325, tp 210847
    Nov  2 15:03:39 Isomaniac vdr: [22699] cDvbTuner::Action: device cardindex 1: send diseqc command

Dish moves now. Just need to get rid of the error message. But i think i read in the mailing list that it was a false error message thrown.

Greetings,
    MrNike

Hardware: Zotac ION F, Cine S2 V5.4 DVB-S2, 1.5TB HD, 2 GB Ram
    Software: Ubuntu Precise
    64bit, yavdr:vdr-unstable ppa, xbmc
    www.coinflip.de

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von MrNike ()

• So are you saying it is now working with dynamite?

The broken error from rotorng is: -

Code
    Failed to send diseqc command!

So, your message isn't related to this.

I haven't fixed this because I'm waiting for Lars to get back to me first.

Many Thanks

• Hi,

Cool, that's good news. There was just one thing I changed.
    If configured dynamite closes the filehandles of the dvb-card if it's not used for some time (idle-timeout). In the SendDiseqcCmd function I now test on a closed frontend and reopen it.

I haven't found any other "type errors" so far in rotorng. I will update the vdr-patches in vdr-testing/-stable so it will work with rotorng. Watch out for updates... :)

Thanks!
    Lars.

• Hi,

It's your decision if you include it in your plugin, I think it's my responsibility when I combine several patches and apply dynamite on top of them.
    If I don't include "SendDiseqcCmd" in the device-class of dynamite, rotorng will not work anyway. :)
    In my opinion it's a "distributor" problem.

Lars

• It's your decision if you include it in your plugin, I think it's my responsibility when I combine several patches and apply dynamite on top of them.
    If I don't include "SendDiseqcCmd" in the device-class of dynamite, rotorng will not work anyway.
    In my opinion it's a "distributor" problem.

Yes, you're probably right. I think the patch in the rotorng patch should be for the pure VDR source without accounting for additional plugins etc.

Thanks

• Hola,

me again. Did something change since the last update in the ppa? Right now nothing is moving again and i dont think it was me ^^ ;)
    I ll have a closer look tomorrow at the error messages.

Greetings,
    MrNike

www.coinflip.de

• Hi,

unstable-vdr is in a move right now. I added some patches (ttxtsubs, jumpplay) and tonight jumpingseconds will be added.
    After that all plugins need a rebuild. But that shouldn't have any effect on rotorng...
    hm...

Lars.

• Hi,

just a quick note. :) I installed rotorng 0.3 with yavdr 0.5. I installed the patch from this thread.

First I was wondering why RotorNG segfaulted when it was trying to send diseqc commands. Just a click on "Goto nn" or "Move left/right" was enough, instant segfault.

But then I realized that I haven't copied rotorng.conf in place.. I copied the file, and it now seems to work. :)

However, I'm thinking, is rotorng really needed after you have stored all the positions? VDR diseqc.conf can run the motor.. But VDR has no internal mechanism to store the positions.

• However, I'm thinking, is rotorng really needed after you have stored all the positions? VDR diseqc.conf can run the motor.. But VDR has no internal mechanism to store the positions.

VDR has no manual option to move the dish. Only switch by channel with a complex diseqc.conf syntax. I really love the easyness of rotorng.
    I still havent had time to check whats wrong with my installation.

Greetings,
    MrNike

www.coinflip.de

• VDR has no manual option to move the dish. Only switch by channel with a complex diseqc.conf syntax. I really love the easyness of rotorng.
    I still havent had time to check whats wrong with my installation.

Greetings,
    MrNike

diseqc.conf is really not all that complicated, once you figure out the initital command it's just copy/paste..

diseqc.conf also allows you to configure which satellites are available on which frontends! I think this is lacking in rotorng? I will need this, I have one fixed dish to 1W and other bigger dish with rotor..

• My rotor dish is not working yet, so this is still theory. :) But quick googling gives this:
    http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2009-April/020238.html

Code
    S19.2E 11700 V  9750  t W15 [E0 31 6B 01] W15 v t
    S19.2E 99999 V 10600  t W15 [E0 31 6B 01] W15 v T
    S19.2E 11700 H  9750  t W15 [E0 31 6B 01] W15 V t
    S19.2E 99999 H 10600  t W15 [E0 31 6B 01] W15 V T

(the syntax is E0 header, 31 first rotor, 6B = gotostored position
    I assume "01" is the stored position number, same as numbers defined in rotorng.conf

Just copy those four lines for each satellite you are using, with "01" changed to the position number.

I think you can still use rotorng to fine tune the satellite positions and store them etc. Just have matching diseqc.conf and rotorng.conf..

• Ok, my motorized dish works now..

I'm having some trouble with rotorng. I can control the dish nicely, but east and west are reversed! I'm sure the motor is installed properly, because it successfully finds many satellites. I understand this must be some sort of problem in the motor itself, because move east/west are direct diseqc commands? This is of course more a cosmetic problem, just caused a lot of disbelief when I moved "west" from S1W and suddenly found S13E Hotbird.. :)

Then, transponder scan doesn't work. It does seem to scan, but doesn't find any channels, even if I do have correct frequency/sr/fec settings etc and STR/SNR2 is showing signal.

If I quit VDR, I can run w_scan from the command line, and it successfully finds all channels and writes channels.conf for that satellite.. But not very flexible. :) Still possible though, and only needs to be done once for each satellite. W_scan is good in that it doesn't need any initial tuning data, so you can also use it to check which satellite you are tuned to if you are unsure.

Also the "Sys: " selection doesn't work. It shows "Sys: DVB-S2" at start. If I press OK, it says "???". There is no way to make it back DVB-S2 after that. This might be related to the channel scan problem, perhaps the parameters are incorrect somehow?

• I installed rotorng plugin and now I can not run rotor, what exactly should I ga started? can someone please paste diseqc.conf for 13 East 19 East and 28 East, what else do I need?

journalctl -f

Mar 27 20:59:58 vdrbox vdr[391]: [391] rotorng: switch to channel 20

: [391] loading /var/lib/vdr/plugins/transponders/0130.ini
    Mar 27 21:00:55 vdrbox vdr[391]: [391] ERROR: frontend 0/0: Invalid argument

Arch System VDR 1.7.42 tevii 650 usb ion 330 ht

arch VDR 2.2.0 / ion 330 ht / tevii 650 usb dvb-s2/aver tv volar hd pro dvb-t/

• I have done the following to get rotorng working with Moteck V-Box II

Disable dynamite plugin.

Used the following 4 sat positions, other can be done by configuring the V-Box II (see manual V-Box II)

cat /var/lib/vdr/plugins/rotorng.conf

Code
    S13.0E  2
    S19.2E  1
    S23.5E  3
    S28.2E  4

The 2 1 3 4 are positions configured into the V-Box II

cat /etc/vdr/diseqc.conf

You can allways add extra sat positions when rotorng and diseqc.conf are corresponding with the numbers [E0 31 6B 01] for S19.2E 1 , etc....

Yavdr 0.5a DVBSKy S952

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!