Updating XBMC - yaVDR 0.5.0 alpha

• Is the a simple guide or instructions somewhere on updating XBMC to a later build, I want to play with the new audio engine, and now PVR features are merged into master I would like to keep up to date.

On 0.4.0 I could do this easily, but it seems to fail on 0.5.0

I have done this.

Zitat

untie-packages
    removed xbmc
    built xbmc from source
    make install

If I run xbmc manually ie.

Zitat

stop vdr
    xbmc

it runs fine.

But it wont run from the menu's (eg Menu > 6 > 2 ) or the left side menu.

Any hints or tips to as to where I should be looking to fix the menu or similar ?

thanks in advance.

S.

• You should compare at which location in the file system your manual build get's installed and where the binaries from the deb-packages are being installed.

Why not staying on the safe site and installing deb packages instead of manual builds? Check this PPA, it contains "official" XBMC nightlies (compare XBMC wiki):
    https://launchpad.net/~nathan-…ock/+archive/xbmc-nightly

We are also working on updated XBMC packages but we will only publish them if they work and work stable enough.

Cheers,
    hepi

• Zitat

We are also working on updated XBMC packages but we will only publish them if they work and work stable enough.

I completely understand that, I will look at the nightly ppa's and see what they are like, I never knew they were doing linux nightlys.

Thanks for the pointer :]

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!