setup remote control with irw

• well trying again
    with irrecord -H samsung test.conf i get this output
    Hold down an arbitrary button.
    irrecord: gap not found, can't continue
    irrecord: closing '/dev/usb/hiddev0'
    :wow
    its getting very bad.any remote controls working out of the box?

Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, 4gb ram,60 GB ssd , tevii s660 usb, satelco r/c

• well satelco was a no go so i tried again medion x10
    it seems to work but with only a few buttons and these are false for example acquire image button is behaves like menu button.which is the correct way to configure the r/c to behave correctly?
    i was very tired with r/c setup so if anyone is able to give me a noob guide i would be grateful.i can also give ssh access if anyone can fix it for me

Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, 4gb ram,60 GB ssd , tevii s660 usb, satelco r/c

• Hello, could you post a link to an image of your remote? I have this model: http://vdr-wiki.de/wiki/images…nbedienung_Medion_X10.jpg and could post my keytable for it (the additional packet linux-media-dkms is needed, so a rc-core driver for this remote is used)

yaVDR-Dokumentation (Ceterum censeo enchiridia esse lectitanda.)

• Here is my config (should be saved as /etc/rc_keymaps/rc-medion-x10):

In order to use it, you will have to add this line to /etc/rc_maps.cfg (use a custom Template as described in http://www.yavdr.org/tutorials…s-to-configuration-files/ to prevent future updates to overwrite it):

Code
    ati_remote    rc-medion-x10   /etc/rc_keymaps/rc-medion-x10

After a reboot most keys should work - I reseved some for irexec actions - if needed rename them to the approriate keyname (as found in /etc/vdr/remote.conf)

I used the keys "EDIT IMAGE" for menu, "ACQUIRE IMAGE" for back/exit and "RENAME" for info.

• If you want to setup a new lircd.conf via irw you have to stop the following three services:

sudo service vdr stop
    sudo service lircd stop
    sudo service eventlircd stop

then start irw and it will work!

If you have finished simply type the same services in but at this time with "start" at the end.

Mainboard: Asus AT3ION-i -- Case: LC-Power 1340mi -- DVBS: Tevii S470 -- 80 GB 2,5" HDD -- Artic v5 -- Logitech Harmony One -- yaVDR 0.3

• Please read the thread carefully - mushroom says he is using a X10 remote control which has two possible driver modules called ati_remote in yaVDR 0.4. Without linux-media-dkms it will be recognized as a keyboard (and an udev rule is used to bind it to eventircd), when linux-media-dkms in installed it will be treated as a rc-core remote.

• First Post:

Code
    in 0.3 i could setup my remote with irw while on 0.4 irw does not work.any way to make irw work?

i only told him the solution...

Mainboard: Asus AT3ION-i -- Case: LC-Power 1340mi -- DVBS: Tevii S470 -- 80 GB 2,5" HDD -- Artic v5 -- Logitech Harmony One -- yaVDR 0.3

• 23rd post: setup remote control with irw new problem, new solution ;)
    BTW: AFAIK irw is for testing a lircd configuration, not for creating a new one...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!