(0.3) sometimes TV is totally unwatchatable : glitch

• Hello

I've a trouble with yavdr 0.3 that appear sometimes (for example when I go out from xbmc to vdr), the image of VDR is completly glitched, sound is OK with some glitch

I don't see anything in the log and I tried :
    - to change resolution via webfrontend
    - to change the vdr interface (from xineliboutput to xine)
    - to change some options into the plugin xineliboutput on VDR
    with no effect

The trouble appear on FTA channels and on CRYPT channels

the only thing I have to do is to reboot (sometimes 2 times) the computer to get back the VDR correctly

My yaVDR is up to date in 0.3 but I want to precise that this trouble was present in yaVDR 0.2 too. My videocard is a G210

Thanks for your help

Salon : Dual Core E5400@2.7Ghz - 2 Go - 320 Go - TT3200-S2 - Phoenix Infinity - NEC 3550 - Papst - yaVDR 0.3 - TV Samsung 46S870 - Telco Harmony 885

Chambre : Zotac MAG HD ND-01 - yaVDR 0.3 - Télco HFX - TV SAMSUNG 32R86BD

• Hello

i'm still having the trouble

My yaVDR is up do date

And I have sometime another trouble : when I start XBMC it is freezing and the only thing I can do is to kill xbmc process via webInterface

please help :)

Salon : Dual Core E5400@2.7Ghz - 2 Go - 320 Go - TT3200-S2 - Phoenix Infinity - NEC 3550 - Papst - yaVDR 0.3 - TV Samsung 46S870 - Telco Harmony 885

• multinet

Regarding the "glitch", does it look like white or green snow in darker area's of the picture?

If yes, this is obviously a known issue in the relationship between xinelib based VDR frontends [xine|xineliboutput] together with the Nvidia drivers. It does show up extremly visible with the newer version 260.x. The reason is, that the common toggle scripts, from XMBC to xine and back, are just kill(ing) the frontend, instead of quitting it proberly. It seems this does leave a kind of a mess in the former allocated memory areas.

To make a long story short, either modify the toggle scripts to make sure the frontend will be ended correctly rather than be killed. Or you do install any older version (< 260.x) of the nvidia drivers, where the error does occur very rare, you won't see it anymore. The easiest way will be, to go for the one included in Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid), 195.x.

Don't forget to set the packages on hold in apt, to prevent an update, until the problem is fixed in the future.

Regards
    fnu

HowTo: APT pinning

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fnu ()

• Hello fnu

Thank you for your answer

I'm having the trouble you have described and now I know what to do for that

But my main problem is that the picture is sometimes completly pixelised and the sound ko too

It appear when I start XBMC, xbmc is freezing (with 'NVRM 13' messages in syslog), then I reboot, and then the picture is completly pixelised

I have opened another post for my trouble with XBMC and for now i'm still having the trouble here : http://www.vdrportal.de/board/…?postid=973641#post973641

I'm sure there is a incompatibility between the nvidia driver (260.xx AND 195.xx because I was having the trouble before) and my xbmc/hardware. I tried to disabled a lot of thing in the BIOS like ACPI etc, without success

I want to precise that my computer is not overclocked

My system is a yavdr 0.3 uptodate
    intel core 2 duo 5400@2,7GHZ
    Asus P5G41C-M
    EVGA GeForce G210 512 Mo Passive (PCI express 16)
    Corsair Value Select DDR3 2 Go PC10600

sorry for my poor english !

Any help welcome !

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!