[Resolved] yavdr 0.5 and try to add hard disk

• Hello everybody,

I use yavdr 0.5 now on disk 1 /dev/sda1

Here my mount points :

/dev/sda1 on /boot type ext4 (rw)
    /dev/sdb1 on /multimedia type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro)
    /srv/vdr/video.00 on /srv/share/vdr type none (rw,bind)

Because my sda disk seems to be so small, I yould like to use my sdb1 drive.

I try to reuse my video directory in /multimedia an create a symlink in /srv/vdr/video.01 -> /multimedia/video0/

But vdr did like this and does not show me my old records.

Waht is the best practices to do this ?

I use yavdr since one week, before that I used my custon VDR distrib and I can chose my video dir with vdr -v .

Cheers,

Bernard.

- VDR user #1523 - VDR 2.0.6 - yavdr 0.5 - HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37B -

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von netbja ()

• what is the mountpoint of / in your setup?
    did you try to install linux+vdr into /boot = /dev/sda1 or into another partition of sda?

how big is your sda disk?

yavdr 0.5, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240e, MSI 770-C45, 4GB, Cine S2, Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD, TechniSat SkyStar2 DVB-S, TechniSat AirStar2 DVB-T

• I try to reuse my video directory in /multimedia an create a symlink in /srv/vdr/video.01 -> /multimedia/video0/
    But vdr did like this and does not show me my old records.

That is normal. The VDR looks for the the files of the recordings only in /srv/vdr/video.00. To see the recordings from srv/vdr/video.01 you have to make symlinks to all files in /srv/vdr/video.00 using the same directory structure as in srv/vdr/video.01.

If you would have done this from the beginning, the VDR would have done this for you. That is not yaVDR specific and would be the same with your custom built vdr.

But be aware that this feature is deprecated. Future versions of VDR don't support multiple video dirs in this way.

I would simply copy all recordings from sda to sdb and mount sdb as /srv/vdr/video.00

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Hi.

nippes sorry you are right.

I forgot root dir

/dev/sda2 on / type ext4 (rw,errors=remount-ro) and my sda is a ssd (40GB).

gerald
    Ok thank you for your support. So If I understand, I'll always need to use /srv/vdr/video.00 "as primary directory". If l want to use another disk it should be work with /srv/vdr/video.01 mount point because mhddfs can do the junction.

So for now, I'm going to try this :
    mount --bind /multimedia/video0 /srv/vdr/video.00

I'll be back soon with news.

And many thanks for this great VDR distribution !

Bernard.

• I close this issue.

Actually, the solution is to mount my video0 dir in /srv/vdr/video.00

That way :

mount --bind /multimedia/video0 /srv/vdr/video.00

---
    BJA.

• I don't understand why this two mounts? Why not mount /dev/sdb1 to /srv/vdr/video.00?

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!