Dual head best practices

• Hi,

I am rebuilding my system based on YaVDR & would like some advice on the best practice way of configuring the use of my second screen without interfering too much with the setup.

I have already got my dual head setup configured for VDR use, with the web "switch head" button in the web interface working to correctly switch the output of vdr-sxfe between screens. What I would like to do is to be able to have Openbox or similar running on the "spare" screen, so that I can launch apps on there, and have this window manager switch over to the other screen when I switch heads.

I am aware of the use of templates to define a lot of the config of YaVDR rather than editing things directly, so I'm wondering if there is a specific place where I should define this?

Also, I would like to map the head switching function from the web interface to an LIRC command on my remote. From what I can gather, the web interface is just hitting an event under /usr/share/yavdr (I can't remember the exact location of the events, but there are two scripts that i Have seen - one to change the screen definition & one to restart the frontend) - is it doing anything more complex than that?

Cheers,

Wilb

• I've pretty much got my head around whats going off now - I see lots of /usr/bin/start-* scripts which are all templated in /usr/share/yavdr/templates/usr/bin - I think I can build things to be how I want from this.

Cheers.

Wilb

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!