vdr and analogtv plugin

• Hallo. Frist sorry to write in english. I'm from spain and i don't understand germany languaje.
    I write here, because spanish forums and google can't solve/help me with my problem.

Mi situation is:
    one old machine (amd k6-2 300 and 256Mb RAM and 120Gb HD)
    a old analog tv card.( best buy 878 pro)
    a debian etch software running (stable version).

What i need?
    My internet provider, install always TV, telephone and internet. TheTV channels are analogic and free. I need record some programs . I dont have PC with keyboard, mouse and screen only for record TV. I install VDR and VDRADMIN to program the record with an internet navigator, and see later with samba share or ftp download.

The machine only have a "debian base instalation", but my old car (bt878) its unrecognised by debian. I install xorg, icewm and xawtv to test tv. After change some parameters on "modules" , i can watch TV perfect.

After this i install VDR whit apt-get install. (the version its 1.4.4). Then i get source 1.4.4 and source of analogtv and compile then. (i solve some problems with google help). At the end, i compile the analogtv plugin and copy to plugins directory.
    There is mi console :

maquinilla:/home/jose#
    maquinilla:/home/jose# /etc/init.d/vdr start
    Starting Linux Video Disk Recorder: vdr
    00:15:40 analogTV version 1.0.00 starting up ...
    00:15:40
    akool@gmx.de
    00:15:40 The analogTV plugin is the work of many people;
    00:15:40 for at least a partial list see CREDITS.
    00:15:40 analogTV comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see COPYING.
    00:15:40 This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
    00:15:40 under certain conditions; see COPYING for details.
    00:15:40 Detected Linux version 2.6.18-6-486
    00:15:40 Detected VDR version 1.4.4
    hopefully :-
    1.4.4/1.4.4
    1.0.00):sed: -e expresión #1, carácter 82: unterminated `s' command

Then with another PC (and vdradmin install) i connect to the VDR machine (http://192.168.0.9:8001/)
    I put the channels.conf.analogue.IESY to my channels.conf (i dont know my local frequencies at this moment), but the VDR machine dont
    work.

the syslog show this continue when i connect via http:
    17 00:30:59 maquinilla vdr: [18532] connect from 127.0.0.1, port 2941 - accepted
    Jul 17 00:30:59 maquinilla vdr: [18532] closing SVDRP connection
    Jul 17 00:31:03 maquinilla vdr: [18532] connect from 127.0.0.1, port 1522 - accepted
    Jul 17 00:31:03 maquinilla vdr: [18532] closing SVDRP connection
    Jul 17 00:31:08 maquinilla vdr: [18532] connect from 127.0.0.1, port 1527 - accepted
    Jul 17 00:31:08 maquinilla vdr: [18532] closing SVDRP connection

I can see a image like a tv with no channel select, the remote control and the channel list, but nothin ocurs when i change channel. At this moment if i launch the X11 server and Xawt, can see the tv. VDR dont control the analogic turner.

Who cant i activate some debug info to find the problem?
    I need special permission to vdr user to take control of tv?
    maybe my plugin analogtv bad compliler?

Thanks for some help.

• Zitat

Original von josemanuel
    Who cant i activate some debug info to find the problem?

try starting vdr from console, for example

vdr -c /etc/vdr -L /usr/lib/vdr/plugins -v /video0 -Panalogtv

You should be able to set a higher log level in the analogtv plugin settings.

But be aware: The analogtv is very old an there is no development since years. Bevcause vdr can handle obly digital video, it needs to encode the analogtv by CPU. The only available codec is mpeg1!

You will get much better results if you buy a PVR150 or PVR250. Then you can use the pvrinput-plugin. Encoding is done by the card itself in mpeg2.

VDR1: ACT-620, Asus P8B75-M LX, Intel Core i3-3240, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz, passive Geforce GT1030 von MSI, Sandisk 2TB SSD, 2xWinTV DualHD, Atric-IR-Einschalter. SW: Xubuntu 20.04 auf 64GB Sandisk SSD.

VDR2: Odroid N2+ mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

VDR3: Tanix TX3 mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

• Thanks for your help.

I try stop vdr and initialitaze with your options, but cras because "/video0" dont exist. I create and launch again, but its the same result than i have.

When i open the firefox and put the http url, y see "/var/log/syslog" and "/var/log/messages" and its like SVDR (vdradmin) crash and retry again.

I search for help inside analogtv source, but i cant find where is the option to debug this plugin. I put here my future results.

• the directories I wrote are examples!

-c = directory which includes your config files (setup.vdr, channles.conf etc.)
    -L = directory which includes the plugin-lib (*.so.1.6.0)
    -v = your video directory

VDR1: ACT-620, Asus P8B75-M LX, Intel Core i3-3240, 4 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHz, passive Geforce GT1030 von MSI, Sandisk 2TB SSD, 2xWinTV DualHD, Atric-IR-Einschalter. SW: Xubuntu 20.04 auf 64GB Sandisk SSD.

VDR2: Odroid N2+ mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

VDR3: Tanix TX3 mit CoreELEC und Ubuntu in chroot, WinTV DualHD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!