dxr3 plugin stalls

• Hi! Excuse me for english, I see that vast majority of ppl here speah deutch but I tried babelfish translate and.. well, I think its better if I just speak english :)

So, I have built VDR machine with Hollywood+ as an output. Its an old Celeron-600 CPU nailed to Intel i810 motherboard and it has 64Mb of memory, I use SkyStar2 as a receiver. DXR3 is known to have stalls and lockups when switching channels and such, at least gentoo portage version proved itself to be almoust unusable, though the machine is not exactly the powerhorse either. So I built LFS linux and compiled everything. Its far more stable, if I am careful it will almoust never crash nor lock, though to be honest its very easy to crash it deliberately. And now I think I see the reason why it crashes.
    What I noticed is that when it shows channel info, or replay progess, audio stream chooser, basically everything what is NOT the main menu, the CPU usage grows very significiantly, in my case it grows over 80% in around 5 seconds and this is when the stalls occur. At the same time Main menu takes off max 10% of the CPU power. The sound level bar takes around 40% of CPU and seems it does not affect stability.
    Question is - why to display the channel info bar (and similar infos) takes so much CPU power but the whole big menu - does not? Is it a known problem? Maybe there is a patch somewhere around? Because I dont see the reason where is the difference for DXR3 plugin to output menu or info.
    So if shortened the info panel display lentgh to 3 seconds the lockups almoust never occur. Of course if you go too fast through channels - it will lock very fast, but thats only because it always shows some information on that "info overlay", even if you switch off the "info on channel switch" setting, and going too fast through channels druves CPU usage to max and it locks up.
    So there is difference how DXR3 plugin displays the menus and infos?

I am using: em8300-0.16.3 driver; vdr-1.4.7, vdr-dxr3-0.2.7, kernel 2.6.22.5 (lfs install)

Thanks!

• klick me / is a performance patch for version 0.16.x
    inportant is the correct fw, too.

Alternatively have a look to xineliboutput. it can works over dxr3.
    and
    i see, your chipset is i810. do you have a graphic onboard? then, you can use softdevice or xineliboutput/X.

greet

[size=7]x2 4400+, 2gb ram, mcp61, twinhan dvb-t, lenny, vdr-1.6 - xineliboutput(sxfe) - vodcatcher(helper) - iptv(doesnt work) - wirbelscan[/size]
    on PAT (program administration tool = windows) problems = reboot
    on linux problems = be root

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!