You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to VDR Portal. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ivonovak

Beginner

• "ivonovak" started this thread

Monday, May 5th 2008, 1:35pm

VDR-DXR3 and osdpip

Is it possible to use vdr-dxr plugin with osdpip plugin ? Plugin osdpip works, but picture is "terrible" ( very blurred ) . Osdpip with xineliboutput works perfectly.
Somewhere I found that using dxr3 with osdpip is not possible. Is it true, or is there anybody who has it work ?

schmirl

Professional

Monday, May 5th 2008, 3:42pm

RE: VDR-DXR3 and osdpip

Problem is the limited colour depth of the dxr3 OSD. I got a patch from a finish web site which adds a 3 colour mode (+ optional dithering) to osdpip. I'd say it's sufficient to get a rough idea of what's running on an other channel, but no more.

A quick search on Google didn't reveal the URL. Let me know if you are still interested and I will dig a little deeper.

ivonovak

Beginner

Monday, May 5th 2008, 4:18pm

Thanks for reply . I spent many hours finding any patch to get working osd. I think it's similar problem as problem with dvb subtittles. Is it possible to public this patch ? I 'm using vdr 1.6.0, vdr-dxr3-0.2.8 and last driver dxr3.

Monday, May 5th 2008, 4:20pm

Quoted

Originally posted by schmirlA quick search on Google didn't reveal the URL.

I guess you're referring to this thread on a finnish VDR portal:
http://www.linuxtv.fi/viewtopic.php?t=1271

..and the thread is pointing to this patch:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/kurg/vdr/osdpip-0.0.8_dxr3.patch

schmirl

Professional

Monday, May 5th 2008, 4:33pm

Quoted

I guess you're referring to this thread on a finnish VDR portal:

:] thanks!

ivonovak

Beginner

Tuesday, May 6th 2008, 9:54pm

osdpip and dxr3

Thanks for link to patch for osdpip to finnish forum .... . This patch is for version vdr-osdpip-0.0.8 . I made changes to this patch and modified it for version vdr-osdpip-0.0.10. Patch is attached :
ivonovak has attached the following file:
  • osdpipdxr3.diff (13.75 kB - 592 times downloaded - latest: Yesterday, 11:41am)

Sunday, May 18th 2008, 4:14pm

Hallo,

vielen vielen Dank für den Patch.

Gruß

Snowyrain
Mainboard: ASUS N7V8X Chipsatz: Nvidia Nforce Sound: Realtek (ungenutzt) CPU: Duron 1000 RAM: 2x512MB SD-DDR Eingabegerät: Technisat Skystar 2.6d, Irgendwas mit SAA-7146 Chip DVB-S, TT 1200 DVB-T Ausgabegerät: Xineliboutput Laufwerk: DVD Festplatte: 160GB IDE Grafik: Geforce 5200 128MB mit TV-Out AGP Lan: 3COM

Software: Easyvdr 1.6 mit VDR-1.6.0