Beiträge von bball

Hello, I am the author of this plugin. I welcome people who would like to test the plugin to give it a try. I would just like to make it clear that there has been no official release yet. The git repository for the plugin should be considered unstable. I will send an announcement e-mail once the code is ready for a 0.1 release. Also, I would be happy to include new themes in the project if someone would like to make one :) Shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to make one by looking at the default theme.

-bball

Is anyone able to modprobe hdshm.ko with has_fb=1 ? I've tried several different revisions of the svn code and every time I try with has_fb=1 my system crashes. I do not get a kernel panic or anything, my machine just locks up and I have to hit the reset button. Are there some kernel config options/modules I need to build ?

-bball

Oops, I typed the wrong module option in my reply but when I tried on my system I was using the correct option. Are you saying that with frame buffer device it does not use the DeCypher for MPEG decoder ? Is the video watchable when using framebuffer ? Do you know if Reel plans to add accelerated frame buffer support ?

Sorry for all the questions here but for some reason I can't use Google translate on the official Reelbox forums, I get some sort of POST error.

-bball

Hmm.. when I tried to insmod the hdshm.ko with use_fb=1 my system froze immediately. I didn't get a kernel oops or anything, it just froze. I had to hit the reset button to reboot. Maybe I'm missing some kernel options. Also, did you mean it is _not_ accelerated framebuffer ? Does that mean drawing to the OSD is slow ?

-bball

I recently purchased a Reel HDE card and so far I'm very happy with the card. I know the support for this device is still relatively new but does anyone know if there are plans to make this card available as a frame buffer device (possibly to be used with DirectFB) ?

-bball

Sorry I do not speak German but I was wondering if this card works with NTSC standard def (480i) MPEG-2 streams. I have an HDTV which supports 1080i so I imagine I can use the card in 1080i mode to upscale the video but I wanted to make sure. This card is getting more expensive by the day because of USD -> Euori exchange rate :)

Thank You,
    bball

Hello, I don't speak German but I can understand the g++ error messages (I speak c++ :)) . The yaepg debug macros use C99 variable length argument lists. I'm not sure what version of gcc/g++ is required to use C99 features but upgrading gcc/g++ should fix this problem. A simpler solution migth be to do the following:

Delete these lines in the yaepg.h file:
    #define YAEPG_ERROR(...) cYaepg::LogMsg(YLOG_ERR, __VA_ARGS__)
    #define YAEPG_INFO(...) cYaepg::LogMsg(YLOG_INF, __VA_ARGS__)

And then delete all the lines containing "YAEPG_ERROR" and "YAEPG_INFO" from the yaepg.c file. I haven't actually tried this but it should work. These macros were only used for debugging and they aren't needed for the plugin to work.

bball