Beiträge von dock

Hi HelmutB

I now came home from work so I plugged cables like they were before I switched it from 0->1 and 1->0

I started VDR just with --device=0 for testing

As you can see it have

Code
    Jun 18 17:48:00 localhost vdr: [1452] frontend 0/0 lost lock on channel 45 (Viasat Explore), tp 211554
    Jun 18 17:48:02 localhost vdr: [1452] frontend 0/0 timed out while tuning to channel 45 (Viasat Explore), tp 211554
    Jun 18 17:48:12 localhost vdr: [1452] frontend 0/0 regained lock on channel 45 (Viasat Explore), tp 211554

Then it just waited without lock for 10 seconds, then it regained lock and 3 seconds later it logged Audio stream change and picture showed.

Later I couldn't change to other channels, always no data, then I switched back to Viasat Explore, it showed it, then I switched to some other channel it worked once or twice, after that I couldn't change to any channel any more.

When I started VDR with devices 1,2,3 it works and I don't get lost lock/timed out/regained lock problems.

Hi Helmut

Thanks for taking time to look.

It is really weird stuff going on in my setup,

Yesterday, when I finally calmed down after spending a week without success trying to figure out what's wrong, out of desperation I tried starting VDR with commandline limit allowing specific dvb-s adapter. So I have 4 tuners in single DD card, and numbering starts from 0-3. When I start VDR just with adapter 0, it have same issues. Either I can't switch to any channel, or if it works, it works only few times switching and than it stops. I can't even switch back to channel that worked previously.

For any other adapter, it works without any problem if UpdateChannels is set to 3 or less.

I figured that our yesterday.

So I switched cables from adapter 0 to adapter 1 and vice-versa, and after that both adapters doesn't work correctly. Only adapter 2 and 3 now works.

I feel like taking a hammer and take a few swings at it...

I asked guys to come and climb to roof to check if everything is OK with diseqc boxes and LNB's. I have 3 quad LNB's and 4 uncommited diseqc switches.

I will let you know the result :)

Hi HelmutB

It was without MTD patch. I wanted to test if I will have same issue without any modifications.

Unfortunately I can not test if I would have same issue on VDR OSD screen, because it's headless machine.

But I must say it's frustrating when I don't know where to look..

I thought that maybe it's something with diseqc not beeing set correctly so channel doesn't switch correctly sometimes, but I see VDR is background scanning all positions..

I still didn't ruled out diseqc as cause, but I don't know how to be sure.

Seems I was mistaken, after more testing same thing happens with streamdev-server.

I compiled rc of vdr 2.4.2 with only streamdev and ddci2 plugin, again same thing like with 2.4.1

Problem is that I can switch to channels at the beginning several times. Sometimes 2 times, sometimes 10 times, and then no channel (encrypted dvb-s) works.

DVB-T2 unencrypted works normally.

Log gives no visible error. I started VDR with log level 3

Code
    Jun  7 14:49:21 localhost vdr: [2706] Streamdev: Accepted new client (HTTP) 10.12.177.136:57279
    Jun  7 14:49:21 localhost vdr: [2706] CAM 1: assigned to device 1
    Jun  7 14:49:21 localhost vdr: [2767] device 1 receiver thread started (pid=2674, tid=2767, prio=high)
    Jun  7 14:49:21 localhost vdr: [2769] streamdev-livestreaming thread started (pid=2674, tid=2769, prio=high)
    Jun  7 14:49:21 localhost vdr: [2770] device 1 TS buffer thread started (pid=2674, tid=2770, prio=high)
    Jun  7 14:49:21 localhost vdr: [2768] streamdev-writer thread started (pid=2674, tid=2768, prio=high)

Because of this I haven't made permanent change from TVHeadend to VDR, so I still have TVHeadend on same system. I just stop the service when I want to play with VDR.

In TV Headend I don't have such issues with decoding encrypted channels with CAM inserted in CI slot of digital devices ddbridge. But MTD is important to me so I would like to find a reason why this happens.

I tried updating drivers, didn't help.

Could someone help me with some ideas, what to try?

Thanks

Found some time today to play with it again, tried to make it work.

No success :(

I installed streamdev-server just to test if it works, and it works without issues that were happening before.

So it must be an issue with vnsi-server

Has anyone had this issue and found a way to solve it (except changing UpdateChannels to 4)?

Thanks

Hi all

I have headless VDR 2.4.1 with Digital Devices DVBT and DVBS tuners (4 of each), CI slot from Digital Devices with CAM module and card

I'm having a problem for which I do not know where to start debugging. When I start VDR, Kodi connects to VDR and usually I can switch channels 5-10 times and after that I can no longer switch. I get vnsi error no data on screen.

I start VDR with root privileges on Ubuntu 18.0.4

/usr/local/vdr/bin/vdr --log=3 --video=/usr/local/vdr/spool/video --epgfile=/usr/local/vdr/spool/epg --config=/usr/local/vdr/etc/vdr --lib=/usr/local/vdr/lib -Pvnsiserver -Pddci2

I use Kodi with vnsi plugin

At first I thought it was problem with MTD patch so I rebuilt vdr without patching it, and with newly downloaded plugins, disabled camtweaks in setup.conf and it is the same.

For example in log that is attached, problem started when I switched to Fox Movies. Before that I could switch multiple times to some other channels.

vdrlog.txt

Then I stopped VDR and started TVHeadend, disabled vnsi plugin in Kodi and enabled tvheadend plugin and I switched channels 100 times without an issue.

Even before I started using VDR (which was 5 days ago), I never had any problem in tvheadend. Only reason I switched to VDR is MTD, which is not possible in TV Headend.

DVB-T channels work always.

I do not know if this is issue with vnsiserver, vdr, ddci2 plugin or even how to determine what should be fixed?

Yesterday when it happened, just to investigate a bit further, I didn't exit from Kodi, I started Kodi on another PC and I could switch channel. But later it happened also on this particular Kodi.

I am quite new to VDR and I would appreciate if anyone could help me because I promised my wife she would be able to watch her soap operas in bedroom while I watch movies in living room :)

Thanks

Hi all

I am quite new to VDR so please forgive me for ignorance.

2 months ago I signed for 1 year subscription for CAM module and card from TV operator

I have Digital Devices Cine CT V7 DVB adapter with 4xDVBT/T2 and 4x DVBS/S2 + CI slot

Every month I have to boot to windows (I have it installed on second HDD) so that card can be updated.

At first I thought that subcription is not active so I went to operator and they just plugged CAM with card to their TV and it worked after 10 seconds.

I was using TV Headend at the time, I could watch only one channel (No MTD). So on 1st of May I booted to Windows that have Digital Devices driver and DVBLink installed, and after few minutes it started working. Then I booted to regular OS (Ubuntu 18.0.4) and I could continue watching on TV Headend.

Few days ago I switched to VDR because of MTD, and yesterday I watched whole day. At midnight it stopped working.

I know about computers, but I am not expert at sattelite technology, so maybe this question could be asked much simplier :)

Could someone point me in right direction? Where to look? What to do to make this problem go away?

CAM is Conax CSP PRO CAM

VDR is headless 2.4.1 at the moment with MTD patch and ddci2 plugin. Also vnsiserver is started because I use Kodi.

Grateful for any suggestions

Regards,

Dock

Hi
    Thanks for help, can you send me link to VDR 2.4.2 on git? I can not find it.

All my cables from antennas at roof are coming to small room just below the roof. And I have 2 more floors below in the house. So technically I don't have an option to put a monitor on it and actively use it.

I already tried minisatip but I couldn't make MTD with ddci to work with it.

TV Headend served me well until I purchased CAM module with card on subscription. I didn't even think it will be a problem because several years ago while I was using DVB Link on windows and had CAM, I didn't had any problems with MTD.

Only later when I already purchased CAM while I was on TV Headend, I learned that Windows OS is allowed to have MTD in drivers, but on Linux this is not a case..

Anyway, seems like I managed to get VDR working.

I kept receiving errors on tuning to any channel except DVB-T. On each tune I was receiving "VNSI: Channel: no data 16"

So I stumbled on some post on forum that showed setup.conf with vnsi activated via OSD and after I added those records, it started to work. I didn't had those records in setup.conf before. Maybe it would help somebody like me in future.

vnsiserver.AvoidEPGScan = 1

vnsiserver.DisableCamBlacklist = 0

vnsiserver.DisableScrambleTimeout = 0

vnsiserver.GroupRecordings = 1

vnsiserver.PlayRecording = 0

vnsiserver.PmtTimeout = 0

vnsiserver.Timeshift = 1

vnsiserver.TimeshiftBufferDir =

vnsiserver.TimeshiftBufferFileSize = 6

vnsiserver.TimeshiftBufferSize = 5

Hi all

Thanks for replying

Sorry if I spoke about something I shouldn't have, but I don't have anything illegal in my setup.

CAID's AAA and BBB are not real, it's just for illustrations.

local CAM have proper subscription, and another card for CAID BBB also have paid subscription

It is just not in my home but in my office, but I have access to it via VPN.

My setup is like you guessed, one headless server with Digital Devices Cine CT V7 DVB adapter.. Basically ddbridge with 4 DVB-T/T2 and 4 DVB-S/S2 tuners.

So it's 8 tuners in total. Also, on dd bridge PCI-E card there is CI adapter connected to it with CAM module I purchased from provider.

CAM can decode 8 channels at the same time, that is why I would like to make MTD work.

I downloaded VDR, ddci2 and vnsiserver plugin. I also downloaded MTD patches from

[Patch] CAM-Tweaks für Multi Channel Decryption

I applied those patches, installed vdr and copied libs to lib directory and started w_scan to create channels.conf

I modified diseqc.conf to reflect my uncommited positions on each LNB, activated diseqc in setup.conf

Also, I added line to camtweaks.conf to allow MTD on my CAM.

After starting VDR I couldn't tune to any channel except DVB-T, but I saw in log that VDR is performing some changes to channels.conf. It's like it's modifying PIDS, CAIDs and some other channel parameters.

I am not sure if all the setup I did is correct. I read somewhere that MTD should be working in VDR 'as-is', but on some other post on forum that I translated with google translate (the one I took patches from) said that it should be patched, so I do not know if I did was correct.

Anyway, while I'm writing this, EPG appeared in Kodi, so at least I got that :)

Basically I would now share some of my conf files but fnu scared me with his warning and I do not know what can I share and what I can not :)

Can we conclude that vnsiserver can provide multiple simultaneous Kodi sessions? Or should I go some other way?

Also if I can ask, what would be the way to have OSD available remotely?

On some older posts that I also translated with google translate, it says that vnsi-server can provide OSD, I also saw some screenshots here

New to VDR - install

But I do not have that in Kodi when I install vnsi-client

So I stumbled on [Announce] osd2web Plugin

And I installed this plugin. It starts but I can not access it via web.

If anyone have any suggestion or advice, I would be grateful

Hi

I am newbie with VDR, been using TV Headend for some time because it was easier to setup in short time.

But now my wife gave me a little vacation and went with kids to her mother, I was able to make the switch to VDR :)

Hopefully permanent.

Can someone help me with information is this even possible, and if it is, I would be grateful for any guidelines.

First, I would like to know if VDR can use n...... to decode?

And second question is little bigger..

For example, if channel have multiple CAIDs (AAAA and BBBB) and I have for example CAM inserted in CI that decodes AAAA CAID that belongs to this channel. But if in my bedroom someone switch to another channel that also have same CAIDs, and is not able to decode because CAM have limit for simultaneous decoding, is it possible for second client to use second CAID BBBB and use it with n......?

Cos now I have CAM that can decode 2 channels simultaneously, and if I watch something, and record something else, I would like that second TV can use the channels that have second CAID that I am able to decode with n....... I can only decode BBBB with n.......

I don't have o....., but if there is no other way to use n...... I can install it.

I am using VDR 2.4.1 and only 2 plugins, vnsi-server and ddci2 from Jasmin

VDR is headless, clients use Kodi

Thanks