Beiträge von Alexandro77

Good evening,
    I have 2 external netceivers which I would like to install in my country house.

Netceiver-1: 3 x single DVB-S tuners
    Netceiver-2: 1 x single DVB-S tuner + 2xDVB-T tuners.

Both netceivers will be attached via VLAN to Reelbox AVG-II (BM2LTS) as a server.
    The clients shall be HTPCs, running Kodi and connecting to the AVG-II via VNSI.

Here comes my question: do you guys think that there will be no conflicts in netceiver-2 which will have mixed tuners (DVB-S and DVB-T) and that the AVG-II will be able to utilize both netceivers with all tuners inside?
    All the information regarding the netceiver configuration are written in German and I am unable to understand correctly via Google translate.

Thank you very much in advance

Hi cinfo,
    Thanks for the update.
    There is some error connected with the NL locale when trying to install the .deb via command line:

Thanks cinfo for the rapid reply.
    Unfortunately can't use this solutions as my server operates under Slackware.
    Anyway, the problem is behind grub.
    I almost resolved it myself and will write here a solution later.

Best regards.

EDIT:
    Here is what I have done in order to boot in KVM.
    Once the GRUB started, "e" button have to be pressed.
    Change "sda" to "vda". Ctrl+X to boot with the new options.
    Once the system boots the same procedure have to be applied in grub.cfg.

What I still can't do is to run step 1 from route66 script.
    The system reports that no sda1 exists.
    Will write in the KVM forum for further instructions in case someone is interested.

Hi cinfo,
    I am trying to install BM2LTS on a virtual machine (KVM). The factory installation is going smooth when I tell the installation setup to search for a "/dev/vda" instead of "/dev/sda". The problem appear after the first reboot when the system halts because of missing dev/sda.
    Could you please advice how to proceed further?

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/FBV84hHl.png]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/X7F8v7pl.png]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/T265ffQl.png]

[Blockierte Grafik: http://i.imgur.com/5TacAnXl.png]

Hello kdeuser,
    Both of the mentioned are XBMC add-ons. You need first to enable Live TV from XBMC/Kodi. Then the system will remind you that you have no live-tv plugins enabled and will ask you to choose one. Select either VNSI client or XVDR. Once selected it will automatically be enabled. What you need to do is just to inform the client of the IP address of the server. In your case the IP will be localhost /127.0.0.1.
    After enabling the client (VNSI or XVDR) will connect to VDR and will start importing EPG and the channel list form VDR.

Dear cinfo.
    I have decided to try again Plex VDR package. Restfulapi is enabled in the AVG.
    As I understood Plex require streamdev 0.6.1, while the installed package in BM2LTS is 0.5.0-pre.
    The RSS stuff needed by plex vdr plugin are only available in 0.6.1.

Also when I try to start the plugin from PLEX the syslog is complaining about the following:

Zitat

Error opening URL 'http://192.168.1.75:8002/channels/groups.xml'

Obviously such file is not available in BM2LTS.
    If this is the path coded in the Plex plugin, do you think that it will be easier to modify somehow the plugin rather than something in the perfectly working BM2LTS.
    Here is the part of the init.py

I experimented with standalone VDR which I compiled on a test machine and the plugin is working properly. It is loading the channel-list and also the EPG.
    Please advice how to get it work in BM2LTS.
    Thank you in advance for your input.

I am experiencing the same. Initially thought it is my Optiarc drive being faulty, replaced it with a brand new one- no change. Audio CDs are detected and played but no DVD media is recognizable.

Dear cinfo, stschulze and all,
    I bought a raspberry pi 2 device to play with osmc (raspbmc) and my imprecions so far are over my expectations. The device is very responsive, plays everything I throw at it and for its price is doing almost everything my ion motherboards are doing. No hd audio formats support though and no pure blu-Ray rips iso's.
    In this regard I was thinking that it can be used as a cheap alternative to modify an old reelbox avg (extracting the old motherboard and implementing the rasp-pi inside.)
    Do you think it is going to be possible in the near future to port BM2LTS on pi2?
    Having also in mind pi2 is having enough usb ports probably it will run fine even with internal netceiver and lcd display of the reelbox (obviously some modifications will be needed).
    If you think there are limitations or show-stoppers of the platform, please elaborate a bit on this to get this idea out of my mind :)

Thanks and kind regards.

Hi maier,
    No, because I cannot select one directory deeper then the main share "cache".
    Yes, I am using a cache disk on the server which is not a part of the whole array and the files, stored there are not protected by the parity- thus it is much faster and better for recordings on the fly. Then (once a day) all of the files which are on the cache drive temporary are subject of a movement to the main protected array. All files are going to the respected places given the fact that they were stored previously on the right folder from the structure of the user shares.
    When selecting directly "cache" it will record in the root of the cache drive making a new folder "Recordings" and will store all the recordings there. On a later stage it will move the recordings on the main array without knowing the structure of the user shares, which I want to avoid.
    The idea is to make such a structure so that the recordings to go to the user share called SAT but this can only be accomplished if the recordings are stored on a subfolders with a following tree:

-Cache
    -Media
    -Movies
    -Sat

Nevermind- will do it manually. Obviously this limitation is not so important. I just thought that it is possible to edit a config file somewhere.
    Thanks again.

Hello Maier,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes I am aware of this fact but I would like to store the recordings in the Cache/Sat.....then in Sat folder I will have Recordings folder to store them all. The problem is that I cannot store the recordings directly in cache folder as there is a cronjob rule in the server, moving everything from the cache drive to the user shares subfolders in the given time. That's why I would like to store recordings in the special folder which will avoid the rules of moving data across the other drives.

hi cinfo,
    I have a problem mounting a network share for recording in the AVG.
    I am successfully scanning for network shares and I am able just to select the top directory of the share.
    What I need is to select a sub-directory of the main share, but the AVG is blind for it.
    Here is the screenshot.

Probably I can just edit the network shares config file and to add the exact folder where I want my recordings to be stored? Which is the config file responsible for the network drives?
    Thank you in advance,

Best regards.

Dear cinfo and all,
    Sorry if this is not the right place for my question.
    One of my AVG2 boxes had a PSU defect few days ago. I have successfully managed to interchange it with a 300W SFX PSU which is working good so far.
    I was thinking if I can interchange the SFX PSU with a Mini ITX 120W fanless PSU which I have. The AVG is currently operating without an internal Netceiver.
    Do you think that 120W will be enough for the Mainboard, CPU and SSD + DVD?
    Thanks in advance.