Beiträge von Alexandro77

Dear seahawk1986 ,

thank you very much for the rapid reply.

I think that while I was installing ansible playbook neither the AVR nor the TV were on. But I am not sure.

But you are right. Just checked the xorg.fact and Panasonic TV is presented instead of the AVR.

xorg.fact

edid.HDMI-0.bin is also reporting Panasonic-TV insted Onkyo.

What do I need to do now? To run the playbook again?

I am a bit scared to do so as I just make the whole system to work so good.

Is there any other method to rectify the problem?

Thank you as always.

BR
    Alexander

Hello,

I have successfully installed YaVDR Ansible at focal (Ubuntu 20.04).

Everything is rock stable and fast.

I am using Kodi 18.9.

I have a strange problem, hoping to be solved with your help.

Audio output device is detecting only my Panasonic TV instead of my Onkyo AVR.

The system is the following:

Yavdr device is connected via HDMI to the AVR and AVR is connected via another HDMI cable to my Panasonic TV.

I have deleted pulse audio because my AVR was not detecting the HD audio formats as usual and am using Alsa instead.

I have always had difficulties with Pulse audio so I am always remove it from my system.

Now never-mind what I do, the Audio output device detected from kodi is only Panasonic and not Onkyo,.

Here is my aplay -l

Here is my asound.conf

Here is what i got by executing "get-edid | parse-edid"

This means that Ubuntu is getting correct my AVR and even reporting it as Onkyo TX-SR875 but kodi is just showing my Panasonic.

It was working absolutely fine with the previous Ubuntu version. I have even installed the old ssd with the previous installation of YaVDR and the output device in kodi is getting the Onlyo receiver and not my Panasonic.

With the settings of asound.conf (as they are) softhddevice is working as expected.

Just do not know what to do in order that I can have the right audio output device in Kodi.

Will appreciate any help.

Best regards.

Hello,

I have updated one of my client VDR with the latest YaVDR Ansible.

Forgot to change the language from default DE to EN.

As the system is already setup and everything is working as I like it, I am a bit hesitant to run the whole playbook again in order not to mess the things up.

Could you please let me know what command I have to execute so that I can change only the language from German to English.

Thank you.

That is not the remote.conf. In it the keys are defined as in the other one.

I am sorry.

Here it is:

/opt/vdr/remote.conf

and plugin: cecremote "(1.5.0) - Send/Receive CEC commands"

cecremote is not working. It kills VDR immediately after activation. I tried it as I have pulse-eight adaptor, but it is not convenient.

I don't think CEC will work elso.

Please post your remote.conf and lircd.conf.

Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your input.

Please kindly find the content of both files:

/var/lib/vdr/p.remote.conf

/etc/lirc/lircd.conf

Hi,

the graphlcd drivers were recreated for the next image and the sources are included with the BM2LTS image

cinfo

Wow,

this was so fast. Thank you.

I would like to come back to my remote control problem.

As I understand you mean the RC6 have to be enabled in the BIOS of the NUC.

Probably I havent mentioned but I do not use a NUC but a different motherboard, consequently I have no such option in the BIOS as the motherboard does not have an IR receiver.

I am using a standard MCE made by HAMA with external IR receiver.

[Blockierte Grafik: https://www.hama.com/bilder/00052/abx/00052451abx2.jpg]

Do you think I can use it and how as VDR is not responding at all even with the keyboard attached. Probably I have to enable this option somewhere.

Thank you.

Hi,

The MCE RC6 remote control runs, see hardware description for the NUC

Sorry for the stupid question, but I am not usiing a NUC but intel based motherboard. Could you please be so kind and point me where to find the "hardware description for the NUC".

To switch between VDR native and Kodi use the command # route66. Hardware adjustments can also be made here.

So it is only possible to switch between the front-ends via ssh? I thought that a program switcher (like in YaVDR and EasyVDR) is implemented. But it is OK.

Sources for 64bit must be created here

Do you think you could add the 664bit sources in the next BM2LTS release, as I have never performed such operations myself before.

Thank you very much in advance.

By the way....The picture quality is great and the latest VDR is so fast in switching programs.

Best regards.

pbrb Thank you very much for the information. I think there are still many Reelbox users who will benefit from having the mentioned components working. It will be really great.

By the way I have tested the new BM2LTS and the display via graphlcd is not working:

Here is my dev_frontpanel.sh

and the linkfrontpanel.log says:

With the older BM2LTS images I had just to copy the dev_frontpanel.sh to /sbin folder. It is not the case now. Graphlcd plugin enabled with vdrctl enable graphlcd and is active.

cinfo The new BM2LTS is working very good.

I have just some problems to clear:

1. Neither the keyboard, nor the MCE remote are working. I can only command the VDR from LIVE. Maybe the keyboard and remote must be enabled somewhere?

2. I do not see a program changer implemented. I do not have an option to switch between Kodi and VDR front-end. Tried most of the options inroute66 but I have either kodi or VDR. Cannot switch between them. Is it possible to do so?

Thank you

cinfo Thank you for the recent development. I am now about to test the new image on a modified Reelbox (Intel motherboard with original Reelbox display) and DD Cine DVB.

Do you think the front-panel (the display including) and the original reel remote control can work?

I know the Reelbox is a very old platform and long dead but if it can be done it will be great.

Hi cinfo,

First thank you for the new image.

I am still using a heavily modified Reelbox with a relatively modern hardware in it and the last BM2LTS supporting HDE card.

In this regard I have some questions to ask you for my case:

1. Having in mind the 2020 BM2LTS is not supporting HDE anymore, does it mean I will have VDR output insted?

2. May I switch from VDR interface to Kodi as it is the case with YAVDR?

3. Will I be able to use the Reelbox display and the remote control as it was possible with your older distributions?

4. What is the needed SSD size to install 2020 BM2LTS image? I remember your past images could be only installed on 120gb disk or larger? May I use 64 GB?

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Best regards.