Beiträge von haar

trying to be helpful... yes the information was a bit Redundant... because i found this site/post looking for a solution to the audio over HMDI on linux 3.5 mythbuntu. the solution offered here solved the problem. therefore i did not read the all of the posts (or even the first one) :wand I have since gone back and read them... :tup

and if the german seemed "Foreign" was because i do not speak german :( , and used google transate to convert english to german... :angst

in any case the the gt630 is an amazing card for a PVR, because when i watch OTA ATSC TV , i need deinterlacing for the 1080i60 video... and the nvidia VPDAU does the the job perfectly... except you need a better than gt610 card... while the gt610 "worked" it dd not do a good job (very minor noise)

the old gt630 was ok, but it used the same power at idle as the gt640, gt650... so i used the gt640 and the gtx 650. because of the miniHDMI port on the gtx650, i switched to the gtx660.
    the problem with those cards was that they were full height, so even if they were silent, i could still sense the the fans in the cards...

so i decided to get yet-another-card but this time the gt630v2... knowing that a gt650 (with 384 shaders worked perfectly) meaning knew that the gt630v2 was perfect.

althought it does get hot (during benchmarks) so when i ran the gputest 0.5 tessmark (for this card pulls even MORE power than furmark) it stabilized at 97c worst case.
    in a system using an asus h77, 2x2 GB RAM, g1610, 3 HDD (3TB av-gp, 2TB red, 2TB seagate LP) seasonic x400, gt630v2 and 3.8.0 generic mythbuntu.. the system idles at 41.3 watts, (with a gt630v1,or gt640v1 or gtx650 idles at 48.8 )
    so when watching HDTV the system uses 47.5 watts...

long story short google "gt630v2" and look for my post "some of my low end graphics card benchmarks" techpowerup . com... (3dmark scores)

Das stimmt so nicht 100%. Precise' default Kernel ist inzwischen der Quantal Kernel 3.5, also ein Backport, wie sie immer bei LTS zur Verfügung stehen. Daher gibt es auch den Raring Kernel 3.8 unter Precise zur freien Installation, den ich eben auch nutze ...

Code
    #/> sudo apt-get update
    #/> sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-raring linux-headers-generic-lts-raring linux-tools-lts-raring

Regards
    fnu

Dankeschön ... mit Ihren Vorschlägen und NVIDIA-Treiber 325.08.
    nach einer Suche für Audiogeräte (aplay-a) das HDMI-Gerät wird jetzt aufgelistet ... Und jetzt habe ich HDMI-Audio in Mythtv (Mythbuntu mit 3.8.0-27-generic)
    Dankeschön!

(via google translate)