Beiträge von arkoko

Hi,

I have setup VDR 2.2.0 on the raspberry Pi2 as client for my master VDR server (streamdev-client, rpihddevice).
    Now I discovered that some DVB-C channels are without video.

Syslog for not working channel:

And working example of the same channel over DVB-T2:

Comparing saved streams with Mediainfo I can see 2 big differences:
    -overall bitrate
    -reframes: 4 on not working vs 3 on working channel

Bad:

OK:

Also trying to play saved stream hang at the time 10 seconds, without video.

Link with recording sample: https://www.suhtlus.ee/sharefi…79-4e42-ae49-e97c0e46b272
    Is it possible to find why it happened and is it plugins or RPi H264 firmware bug?

br,
    Arthur

I think it the same reason as it was with SES5 and Astra 4A - two different satellite orbital positions are in the practice 4.8E and 5.0E in the NIT.
    In the UPC Hungary case we have 3 satellites: Thor 5, Thor 6 and Intelsat 10-02. They reports different positions: 0.8W and 1.0W. VDR looks this info and mark channels as OBSOLETE if it mismatched.

Practical evident.
    When zapping to the "Animal Planet Europe" (regarding to the Lyngsat - Thor 5) on the 11785H, with dvbsnoop we have:

When zap to the HBO Hungary (Thor 6) 11727V:

Because in the sources.conf we have defined only 1.0W position, then I think that in this example the "HBO Hungary" channel will be marked as OBSOLETE in vdr.

br,
    Arthur

I know it's strange and that there no direct indication to the skin found, but for some reason only with flatplus I have such problem. I have tried original vdr's skin, skinsoppalusikka and nOpacity (currently in the use).
    I have the vanilla unpatched vdr-2.1.10 and latest flatplus 0.5.1 in use.

Usually if hang occured the following freezed picture stays on the screen:

I'm so sorry, but I have to abandon my favorite skin, because only with it I frequently (not always) have segfaults after channel switching.
    I've collected as much as possible logs. Maybe somebody able to find a real reason of crashes. My guess that it because of reading DVB device status after channel switching (signal bar, DVB devices status?).

Logfiles
    gdb
    strace

Google translate:
    Es tut mir leid, aber ich habe zu meinen Lieblings-Haut verlassen, denn nur damit ich häufig (nicht immer) haben segfaults nach Kanalwechsel.
    Ich habe so viel wie möglich Protokolle gesammelt. Vielleicht hat jemand in der Lage, einen wirklichen Grund der Unfälle von ihnen zu finden. Meine unbestätigte Vermutung, dass es aufgrund der Lektüre DVB Gerätestatus nach der Kanalumschaltung (Signal-Bar, DVB-Geräte-Status?).

br,
    Arthur

I have spontaneous segfaults as well, but not during start. They mostly occurs during channel switching.
    For example:

Code
    [Wed Feb 11 22:40:32 2015] device 4 sectio[25938]: segfault at 7821 ip 080a9e37 sp ab1fdc20 error 4 in vdr[8048000+189000]

Since it not easy to reproduce I still trying to found vdr+plugins different configuration combination to find what caused segfaults.
    Any hint will be welcome.

br,
    Arthur

Hier eine kleine Korrektur eines Log-Messages...

What is meaning of this patch? It replaces the old line with the same?

Not really, my C programming skills are very limited.
    But maybe some useful code from vdr source can help (channels.c):

A dirty hack to fix showing frequency:

But it would be nice to add showing polarity too to the DVB-S/S2 transponders.

I have a question about DVB-S transponder frequency in the channel info.
    Examples on the pictures:

In case of DVB-C this information is correct. For example I can see "Transp. 266,0 MHz" with value of 266 in the channel settings.

How to fix this problem?
    I have nOpacity version 1.1.1 and vdr-2.1.6 installed.

Like this?