Beiträge von torleif

Hi
    I wish to use my android phone to stream live tv outside my lan.
    I know I have to open the port in my router that streamdev plugin are used.
    I use vdr manager (android client) but it does not support secure (ssl) connection.
    What are my risk using a unsecure connection? If someone picks up my password, what harm can he/she do?
    Is my only risk that the "hacker" only can connect and see live tv or can they do any harm on my system?

Thanks!

Hi
    I have a htpc running yavdr with vdr sxfe fronted.
    I turned off the automatic shutdown. I only shut off the tv and reciver at night.
    Is there any reason to shut down the htpc when not seeing tv? will vdr generate a lot of network traffic? I have both backend and frontend on the same machine?

Hi
    I have a problem that 50% of the times I reboot, I get "no signal"
    I think It may have something to do with my
    TeVii S660 DVB-S2 USB. It seems like it does not load all the time.
    Maybe it have something to do with the order modules are loaded? when restarting vdr after bootup everything is fine.

What log can I look in for this problem?

Thanks!

Hi
    I have a problem booting yavdr.
    1 of 5 reboots the system goes into bootloops and the only way to stop it is to unplug the usb cable to my TeVii S660 DVB-S2 USB.
    I have no logs, since it happens very early, (when trying to load grub I think)
    Anyone else experienced this?

Merry Christmas :]

Hi
    I have search and cant find a solution to my problem.
    Is it simply not possible to control timers and recordings with the vdr-addon-xvdr?

Is there a need for debian packages?
    Cant I just install from zip or from repository?
    Is transperancy a lightweight og heavy skin?

Hi
    Trying to set a recording timer from xbmc. I get the error that the pvr backend does not support this action.

Do I have to use the vdr fronted to set timers?

Thanks!

my next question :P

Trying to set a recording timer from xbmc. I get the error that the pvr backend does not support this action.

If I set the timer in the vdr fronted it works fine. but it would be easier to us xbmc, is there a special addon i need ?