Beiträge von nita

Hi,

How do I change the keyboard commands that control the xine-frontend in yaVDR 0.4?

I edited the XKeySym.xx entries in my /var/lib/vdr/remote.conf to my liking, for example:

Code
    XKeySym.Menu   	Home

My new keyboard commands work fine with the xineliboutput frontend. But when I changed the frontend in the web configurator to "xine@vdr-plugin-xine", the keyboard commands are the same as in original remote.conf. For example, key 'm' gives me the menu. So it seems that the changes in remote.conf have no effect.

So which file do I need to edit, so I can control the xine-frontend the way I like? Thanks in advance. :)

There is no way to do that.

It's a shame. How would I install a system very similar to yaVDR 0.4 then?

I would be happy if the box starts VDR automatically and works like a set-top-box, just like the yaVDR does. The Slide-In-Launcher menu
    would be nice to have, so I could launch Firefox or VLC.

I mean, if I start with minimal ubuntu natty (i386) install, then add yavdr repositories and start installing the packages from there...

Do I need other yaVDR repositories than these?
    - main
    - nvidia-legacy
    - stable-vdr
    - stable-yavdr

Which packages do I need then?

Openbox, lirc, yavdr-base, yavdr-essential, vdr, vdr-plugin-xx,...

If there's a will, there's a way... ;)

Even with the latest updates we pushed to the repositories a couple of days ago?

I didn't realize the 0.3 was still maintained, since I upgraded my own system to 0.4 a few weeks ago.

This freezing bug was discussed in a Finnish VDR forum last April. Someone explained there that a bug in libX11 is the reason for these freezes and the bug is fixed in version 1.4.3. These threads were referenced on that post:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xo…5fc17b2520f84316a11e8906f
    http://lists.freedesktop.org/a…cb/2011-March/006802.html

Which yaVDR repository is the one that has the libX11 and what's the latest version there?

Hi,

Sorry, my German is really basic, so I'll write in English...

I would also like to know what is the best way to install yaVDR 0.4 to a 32-bit system.

0.3 is not an option, as it has a nasty libX11 bug that freezes the xineliboutput and I'm building this system to a non-technical user.

I have a mini-ITX board with CULV Celeron and a discrete Geforce GT 220.

I hope someone would be kind enough to to help us 32-bit users... Thanks, und Vielen Dank! :)