Beiträge von minixjr

You can try use vdpau without disable-ogl-osd now, see git.

Branch vdpau+vaapi+cuvid

X is running with 3840x2160 60Hz

Start parameter are:

Code
    [softhddevice]
    -D
    -v vdpau
    -w alsa-driver-broken
    -l 3

OSD, video and sound are OK, no error visible or hearable.

The syslog shows many messages like: (regardlless if it's IPTV or a DVB recording)

If I change the deinterlacer, it look like it have no effect, nothing changed visible.

The scaling mode also show no change excapt HighQuality. If I use this, the video will be zoomed to the upper left corner and then only approx. 1/4 (or less) of the image is visible. The OSD stays in the correct size.

Denois is working.

A little bit strange are the stripes I see whithin the video. It look like bad deinterlacing, but the source is progressive and even this is not visible with vlc, mpv or on another vdr with cuvid. (Hope the difference is visible on the pictures)

Thank you very, very much for all of this improvements:welle

lnj , I make a guess what the problem is.

I am not very familiar with programming, but I took a look at the source code.

I have seen something like VaapiBuggyXvBA.

As I understand it, XvBA (X-Video Bitstream Acceleration API) is not being developed anymore and newer AMD GPUs don't support it anymore.

I think this is also the reason why this exa option in xorg.conf does not work for newer cards, they use Glamor.

Try please test branch of softhddevice

I have never built softhddevice before, but I hope I can get it to work.

I think I now understand your comment:

but I always thought that AMD broken vaapi in their GPU.

I have tested the brand new radeon driver 20.20 LINK

va-api does not work, not with vdr or kodi, vdpau with vdr is ok, kodi has recognized it, but do not use it.

Maybe I will test again with a fresh Ubuntu, but I don't hink it is working very well.

and also apt-file don't know it, vdpau_drv_video.so

My Debian tells me there is a package containing it.

Maybe something is missing in Ubuntu.

Also try mpv, vlc with vdpau.

Sorry, I don't get this working :(

mpv and vlc are not working for me with vdpau.

Maybe I do something wrong.

vlc is looking for a file I don't have (and also apt-file don't know it, vdpau_drv_video.so)

mpv_vdpau.txt

vlc_vdpau.txt

fnu, as I have now learned, only temporal is supported.

I got it working with vdpau today.

It looks like the 50/60Hz is not a problem because it actually runs at 60Hz.

HDMI-A-0 connected primary 3840x2160+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 621mm x 341mm3840x2160 60.00*+ 60.00 50.00 59.94 30.00 25.00 24.00 29.97 23.98 24.00

Maybe this was mesa related, which I have updated today. In fact, I cann't reproduce it anymore.
    I also have deleted the 20-amdgpu.conf. It looks like it's not necessary

The SDTV problem could be solved, as mentioned by Andromeda.

I changed that to weave and now at least the strange artifacts are gone

My conclusion for softhddevice with AMD Ryzen is:

- grub+edid stuff is needed if you start without powered on monitor

- amdgpu kernel and current mesa with firmware is recommended

- softhddevice.conf with -v vdpau and -w disable-ogl-osd

- Change deinterlacer to something different than Bob

lnj , if you have the time to do it, I would appreciate it very much, when you fix the va-api stuff.

I think this will run very well with current AMD GPU/APU.

I did a short test with vdr/vlc/mpv/kodi:

Replay a HDTV recording with vdr, %CPU of process vdr with top

softhddevice vdpau: approx. 12%

softhddevice va-api: approx. 30% (we don't know what the scaling is doing here)

Replay sample-Elysium.2013.2160p.mkv

vlc 200% - without acceleration

mpv 15% - uses va-api out of the box

kodi 15-20% - uses va-api

Did you ever try LibreELEC on your hardware?

No, but Kodi with yavdr.

It shows me the va-api options and a UHD sample is played without any problems.

But I will try to check if va-api used or not.

sample-Elysium.2013.2160p.mkv

you use 60Hz in you xorg.conf, can you try 50Hz on TV?

I'll try this, but first I'm looking for a programm to check the load of GPU or CPU.

I found this ricks-amdgpu-utils, but the Ubuntu ppa version does not work for me..

So I created a ticket and hope to get it running and get more information about what happens (or not)

with vdpau and xorg=Modes "1920x1080_60"

I see no stuttering, not for HDTV, nor for SDTV

With vdpau and xorg=Modes "3840x2160_60" --> or without this entry, which mean resolution is = 3840x2160

I see stuttering/black sceeen

to complete this, if I change back to va-api, the OSD is not usable, as shown in first post and SDTV is distorted (melformed), even though it's 16:9.

I don't think the "exa" will do somthing for me, but to fix the resolution to 1920x1080.

Unfortunately, the SD TV is now bad, see the lower 1/3.

I have deleted the setup.conf, now the OSD look better ;)

Fix xorg to 1920x1080 cann't be the solution, because I need UHD for kodi.

HDTV 1920x1080:

SDTV 192x1080:

Ok, the nice color is gone, but sound is stuttering and video sometimes black or green blocks.

From syslog:

va-api, because it shows me the best results.

va-api-glx, is also not working and only show a yellow/orange video, but audio is OK ;)

Just tested it again with vdpau.

The video look like slow motion and the sound is stuttering, sometimes I see a black screen.

Parts from syslog:

Installed vdpau stuff:

Code
    dpkg -l | grep vdpau
    ii  libvdpau-dev:amd64                          1.3-1ubuntu2                                      amd64        Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (development files)
    ii  libvdpau1:amd64                             1.3-1ubuntu2                                      amd64        Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (libraries)
    ii  mesa-vdpau-drivers:amd64

Hallo zusammen,

ich versuche gerade einen Rechner mit AMD Grafik, mit VDR zum Laufen zu bekommen.

Das Ziel ist für mich:

1.) TV über VDR, stand heute max. HDTV

2.) UHD Filme über Kodi, Decodierung über GPU (va-api)

Code
    CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G with Radeon Vega Graphics bits: 64 type: MT MCP L2 cache: 2048 KiB 
               Speed: 1252 MHz min/max: 1400/3700 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1252 2: 1252 3: 1252 4: 2293 5: 1252 6: 1252 7: 1252 
               8: 2294 
    Graphics:  Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Picasso driver: amdgpu v: kernel

Im Prinzip bin ich schon viel weiter als erhofft, scheitere aber am OSD, der VDR ist aktuell unbedienbar.

Das OSD ist riesig, vermutlich wird es nicht skaliert.

Der Screenshot zeigt den gesamten Bildschirm!

Basis ist Ubuntu focal Server

- Aktueller Kernel und Firmware von hier: https://github.com/M-Bab/linux-kernel-amdgpu-binaries

- mesa usw. von hier, habe ich probiert, hat aber keinen Unterschied gemacht: https://launchpad.net/~oibaf/+archive/ubuntu/graphics-drivers

- Danach VDR Installation per yavdr-ansible (focal)

Ich habe jetzt, glaube ich, alle xineliboutput, softhd-/vaapi -devices durchprobiert.

Teilweise startet VDR nicht mal oder nach wenigen Sekunden stottert das Bild nur noch.

Aktuell das beste Ergebnis habe ich mit softhddevice von ua0lnj ( lnj) , Screenshot siehe oben.

Grub Einträge, x-org.conf alles egal (mit/ohne/Varianten), ich scheitere am OSD.

Version:

Code
    apt policy vdr-plugin-softhddevice
    vdr-plugin-softhddevice:
      Installiert:           0.7.0+git20200612-811-970a5e8-0yavdr0~focal

Aktuelle Einstellungen:

edid wird per Skript in intramfs kopiert

Grub:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="iommu=pt drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid.HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:e"

50-softhddevice.conf:

Code
    [softhddevice]
    -D
    -v va-api
    -w alsa-driver-broken

xorg.conf, 20-amdgpu.conf: 20-amdgpu.conf.txt

va-api scheint zu laufen, wird auch in Kodi angeboten und sieht gut aus:

Hat jemand eine Idee?

Was kann ich versuchen?

Welche Informationen werden benötigt?

Was mich etwas verwirrt: Das System beginnt bei "HDMI-A-1", xrandr aber bei "HDMI-A-0"

Code
    for p in /sys/class/drm/*/status; do con=${p%/status}; echo -n "${con#*/card?-}: "; cat $p; done
    DP-1: disconnected
    HDMI-A-1: connected
    HDMI-A-2: disconnected

Gruß

Frank

Kann ich auch nicht bestätigen, bei mir läuft`s.

Code
    vdr-epg-daemon:
      Installiert:           1.1.159-0yavdr0~bionic+local1
      Installationskandidat: 1.1.159-0yavdr0~bionic+local1
      Versionstabelle:
     *** 1.1.159-0yavdr0~bionic+local1 100
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         1.1.159-0yavdr0~bionic 500

Habt ihr die Seite mal mit STRG+F5 neu geladen? (lädt Webseite und Cache neu)