Beiträge von bf422

I have reinstalled yaVDR 0.3 again, right on ASUS E35M1-M Pro motherboard. I had to install generic kernel 2.6.32-31 manually after installer had failed to install any kernel. Alsamixer still does not start claiming "cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument". Could anyone please help me with it? I can give ssh entry there.

I reinstalled the system again using intel-based motherboard during installation. Web front-end started working after adding
    webfrontend {
    language = en
    }
    to /var/lib/yavdrdb.hdf.
    It was very tricky to switch X to CRT TV. Almost all worked: remote, DVB-S channels, video playback. The only problem that left that time was: alsamixer did not start with message "cannot load mixer controls: Invalid argument". I had to control volume in sofware, but it was still too high for plugging audio into my stereo-amp, My attempts to fix alsa caused that vdr started showing "Channel not available" on all DVB-S channels and no sound on recorder videos. Looks like I have to reinstall the system again. Is there a way to install kernel right on target ASUS E35M1-M Pro? Please help me to fix the system or reinstall it. I can provide log files, configuration files, etc.

I managed to install yaVDR on another (Intel-based) motherboard and then replaced it to ASUS E35M1-Pro. After solving some problems with network it started working. Despite the working network, yaVDR web interface showed empty blue page after login.

Then I updated the system. The update brought the system into mess with missing old-version libraries and then "apt-get autoremove" completed the suicide by auto-removing almost everything. I am going to do next try tomorrow morning. I've got the clue: No updates anymore.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have checked the downloaded image MD5 - it matches.

People there are talking about the problem: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=99154 . If I'm not mistaken, a new kernel (2.6.38 ?) is needed to support this CPU and its integrated graphics fully. I do not need its integrated graphics now, because I plugged GeForce 8600GT into the motherboard. Presence of the video-card does not affect the installation result. Is there a way to enforce default kernel installation?

Unfortunately I cannot send you the motherboard, sorry.