Beiträge von Wilb

Hi,

I am rebuilding my system based on YaVDR & would like some advice on the best practice way of configuring the use of my second screen without interfering too much with the setup.

I have already got my dual head setup configured for VDR use, with the web "switch head" button in the web interface working to correctly switch the output of vdr-sxfe between screens. What I would like to do is to be able to have Openbox or similar running on the "spare" screen, so that I can launch apps on there, and have this window manager switch over to the other screen when I switch heads.

I am aware of the use of templates to define a lot of the config of YaVDR rather than editing things directly, so I'm wondering if there is a specific place where I should define this?

Also, I would like to map the head switching function from the web interface to an LIRC command on my remote. From what I can gather, the web interface is just hitting an event under /usr/share/yavdr (I can't remember the exact location of the events, but there are two scripts that i Have seen - one to change the screen definition & one to restart the frontend) - is it doing anything more complex than that?

Cheers,

Wilb

The joys of remote access - and luckily the fact that I left my dish pointing to 19.2E last night as my rotor plugin is broken (see other thread!)

Anyway, switched to PORTADA and it picked up EPG data & indeed I can now see 7 days worth of EPG information on "LA 2". I'm unlikely to ever watch that channel, but thats beside the point - its getting it working which is the fun bit! :)

I think I may have some broken D+ channels in my channels.conf - I has previously been looking at channels like C+ DEPORT HD and CANAL+ HD to test - those are still only showing now & next data. I believe they are all part of the D+ package, but maybe I'm confusing things.

Just done some more investigating - I have two copies of the same channel next to each other:

C+ COMEDIA;CPC2:11317:vC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:163=2:92=esl@4,93=eng@4:41:1810,100:29805:1:1008:0
    C+ COMEDIA;CPC2:11317:vC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:163=2:92=esl@4,93=eng@4:41:1810,100:29811:1:1008:0

The first has full EPG info, the second only has now / next. Only difference I can see is the 29805 / 29811 in the fourth column from the end.

I just checked "C+ DEPORT HD" again to see if the same had happened with that, indeed there are two copies of the channel listed in my channels.conf:

C+ DEPORT HD;DIGITAL+:10729:VC23M5O35S1:S19.2E:22000:163=27:0;98=esl@106,99=eng@106:0:1810:30803:1:1050:0
    C+ DEPORT HD;DIGITAL+:10847:VC56M2O0S0:S19.2E:22000:175=2:0:0:0:30180:1:1058:0

The first has now / next only attached to it, the second has full EPG data. I have no idea if they are both identical copies of the same channel or not - according to Lyngsat that channel doesn't broadcast on 10847v, and in fact that is the same frequency that the EPG data itself is broadcast on.

I very quickly gave the rotor posted above a try last night but didn't see any different behaviour - I can move the rotor manually using the plugin but no actual turning via GotoX when zapping.

Will have a more in depth look tonight.

The GotoX patch I refered to earlier would be excellent on its own, however I have a problem when zapping between channels on my fixed dish and my rotor which are both configured on a diseqc switch. If I'm watching something on my fixed dish & zap to a channel on my rotor, it doesn't move. I have to zap to a different position, then zap back again before it actually moves to the correct position. I'm not sure if I've set something up wrong or if it is just a limitation of the patch, however this wasn't a problem when I had a working rotor plugin.

Good work newsy - will build again with your new patch tonight.

Could you give me an example of a channel I should be able to see extended EPG data for after EEPG has picked up the listings? A line from a channels.conf would probably be the easiest. I'm still only seeing now / next information for the D+ channels I'm testing with after using your patches and re-enabling MHW2 support, but the plugin definitely logs that its picking up the data.

The patch in question is here:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/vdr/msg22495.html

I've uploaded my recompiled VDR deb here for you to try:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F96Y73A9

GotoX is configured in the LNB menu rather than a separate plugin, you should remove the rotor plugin. You will also need to modify your diseqc.conf to add a G to any position that you want to use GotoX to drive to, eg:

S13.0E 11700 V 9750 G t v W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 A W15 t
    S13.0E 99999 V 10600 G t v W15 [E0 10 38 F1] W15 A W15 T
    S13.0E 11700 H 9750 G t V W15 [E0 10 38 F2] W15 A W15 t
    S13.0E 99999 H 10600 G t V W15 [E0 10 38 F3] W15 A W15 T

Wilb

Apologies - I see what you were trying to say now.

Just to update, the only output I see when I tune to the Digital+ EPG frequency @ 19.2E with debug loglevel is lots of PMT now / next data and eventually a:

"EEPG: MediaHighWay 2 Extended EPG detected on pid 236."

I don't get anything past that point though.

Just realised though - I'm doing this remotely and its currently my VDR 1.7.10 install rather than my 1.7.15 one - I shall test it against 1.7.15 tonight.

Could I ask what frequencies you are using to test MHW2? Tried tuning to S19.2E:10847V as per the EEPG wiki but I don't believe my box pulled any EPG data in from there even though it logged it as detecting a MHW2 EPG.

I'm just recompiling with debug logging to see if i can see what its doing. The data isn't particularly valuable to me but I just thought I would test the other fixes to see if they're working here too.

Oh dear - sorry about that :(

Only thing I can think is it may be due to the channel being audio only? My Xine will try and load a visualisation plugin on audio only channels to display some visuals rather than a blank screen to go with the audio, although I can't see why that should crash VDR itself.

The only other thing I can think to suggest would be to remove the CAIDs from the original EPG line I posted, so hopefully like this:

EPG 28e - Sky UK;BSkyB:11778:vC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:0:0:0:1:0:0:0

That should just tell VDR to assume its a FTA channel.

Ichijoe:

no card - just a cardclient kidding my VDR into thinking there is a card there to decrypt it, just a blank screen until I migrate my real card over.

Try this line instead - same transponder, definitely FTA as its the one which the Sky EPG uses for background music:

EPG Background Audio.;BSkyB:11778:VC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:648=eng@4:0:0:4152:2:2004:0

Ichijoe the exact line in my channels.conf I use is:

EPG 28e - Sky UK;BSkyB:11778:vC23M2O0S0:S28.2E:27500:0:0:0:960,961,963:1:0:0:0

After tuning, the summary output from the end of the eepg thread is as follows:

The last line being the one that makes me think a lot of items got missed?

After some more testing I'm not 100% convinced everything is coming through OK either, although the stuff that gets logged to syslog certainly suggests that the EPG data is picked up when I tune to 11778v @ 28.2E. Channel 4 HD definitely had data for the next few days after I installed it, but many others haven't yet.

I seem to recall that sometimes after the eepg plugin picks up the data it takes a while to populate the VDR EPG properly. I'll leave it a while to see whether any more scheduling appears.

Brilliant work Dimsa, just compiled to run on YaVDR 0.2 and I can confirm your patch has brought back full EPG on (as an example) Channel 4 HD after tuning to the standard Sky EPG frequency for a minute or so.

Many many thanks!