Beiträge von herrjones

Hello all,

I wonder how to check VDR activity. (more detailed than via the messagelog)

I have a linux4media Cine-S2 dual DVB-S/S2 card for SAT reception. This is connected to a diseqc switch with 2 outputs.
    I have a Asus DVB-T card (PCI) and a Terratec DVB-T stick (USB).
    Both DVB-S and DVB-T are combined via combiner/decombiner, so I only have to use 1 coax cable.

The problem is that I get DVB-T errors after a while (reception troubled: via the FEMON tool I get errors and loose lock on the signal).
    Solution: disconnect the SAT cable...

I suspect the reason behind the errors is an active EPG scan but I cannot find any evidence for this.
    Second part: howto fix it?

Anyhow, this problem is not related to VDR itself. I also tried TVHEADEND, which gives the same problem.
    I also have the same behaviour when I connect my DVB-T cable to the USB-receiver I mentioned, or even straight into my TV...

Has anyone experienced the same?
    According to my reseller, the combiner/decombiner-combination I bought should work without problems.
    Could the problem be the diseqc switch (I didn't try it yet with only 1 sat connected)

Kind regards,

Jan

PS: I do understand German, I only cannot write it.

Hello,

I am trying to improve the channelswitching capabilities of the vdr-vnsiserver plugin.
    I am using VDR-1.7.16 / VNSI from svn pvr-testing2

I noticed the problem when switching from a DVB-T channel to a DVB-S(2) channel (in short: from terrestrial to satellite or vice versa).
    It seems there is no real indication whether a device can provide the source for the channel, or (in more readable terms) whether it can tune to a specific frequency.

That said: the code does not detect if the card provides DVB-T or DVB-S(2), so the actual switch does not happen.
    My workaround for now is to manually switch the channels via the svdrpsend commandline tool.

--> is there a possibility to detect the capabilities of a card?

Thanks,

Jan

Hello,

I am trying to get my ngene based card working with xbmc via the VNSI-server plugin. The reason I am not posting this item in the XBMC folder, is that I think it has nothing to do with XBMC.

My setup:
    * gentoo system
    * vdr-1.7.15 / vdr-1.7.16
    * VNSI-plugin (subversion --> latest version)
    * DVB-T card (asus my cinema-p7131 hybrid)
    * DVB-S2 card (ngene based: linux4media)

What works :
    * watching DVB-T based TV in XBMC via the VNSI plugin
    * watching both DVB-T and DVB-S(2) (via the VDR softdevice plugin, ShmClient. As there is no hardware acceleration in this, it is sloppy so no option for watching tv)

What does not work:
    * watching the same DVB-S stream via the VNSI-plugin.

I added some debug-codelines in the VNSI-source. All lines with "jvb - ***" are custom debug lines I added, to understand what's going on.

It seems that the problem is on the VDR-side. There is no data transmitted from VDR to XBMC. Strange thing is that the streaming does work for DVB-T and not for DVB-S(2).
    On the other side, when watching with the softdevice plugin (which does not use sockets I think), it all works well...

Anyone an idea?

Thanks,

Jan