Beiträge von some1

Hi,

I am translating vdr & yavdr to Hebrew.
    I need to test the vdr translation on yavdr. in order to do so, I need to recompile the language files by do "make i18n" but I can't figure out how I should do it on yavdr.

any help will be appreciate.

thanks.

thanks for the explanation!

I can't find how to stop vdr..
    I tried "sudo /etc/init.d/vdr stop" but it says "commad not found".
    I tried "sudo vdr stop" and it says "no primary device found - using first device!" and stuck...

Hi,

My satelite dish is connect to 4 diffrent satelites:
    port 1 - Amos
    port 2 - Nilesat
    port 3 - Hotbird
    port 4 - Astra 19.2

I can't figure out how I am suppost to configure it in yavdr 0.3a in order to scan channels:
    I saw that I probably should use the w_scan command - but how should I write the ports there?
    Is there am manual for this?

thanks and sorry for all my questions.

Hi,

so I finally installed yavdr 0.3a.
    I have a wireless internet connection so after the installation I installed the wireless connection using this instructions.

the thing is, that when I try to access to the web configuration page I get a blue empty screen. I searched in this forum and tried this solution but it didn't work.
    I thought that maybe I need to upgrade the package so I did "sudo apt-get update" and then "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" but it's the same results after the upgrades completed.

I attached my /var/log/tntnet/tntnet.log file.

thanks.

I solved it!

I find the correct file of ums-cypress.ko!
    it's located in linux-image-2.6.32-24-generic_2.6.32-24.40_i386.deb. I attached it here in case someone else need it in the future (remove the txt extension in the end).

thats the steps I used to install it:
    0. copy the file to the root directory of your usb-key.
    1. connect to your pc the external cd & usb-key with this file.
    2. start yavdr install from the cd.
    3. before you press enter in the question about the installation language (not in the purple screen, in the blue screen after it) press CTRL ALT F2.
    3. in the black screen press Enter to start the console.
    4. type the following: (please notice - in my pc the usb is located in /dev/sdb1. in your pc the location might be diffrent.)

Code
    mkdir /tmp/sda
    mount -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /tmp/sda
    cd /tmp/sda
    insmod ums-cypress.ko

5. now you should see your cd working...
    6. press CTRL ALT F1 to go back to the installation.

thank you very much for the help!

I DO INSTALL YAVDR!

I burned the yavdr 0.3a image and this whole topic is about the errors I get with this image installation.

the question about the lucid is just because no one have solution for my problem. I didn't try to install lucid with vdr packages yet because It's not the same as install yavdr from the official image.

about the "modprobe -f" suggestion, I don't think it will work because I should use insmod to load this drivers, but I will try it. thanks.

by the way, if I install ubuntu lucid using the desktop installation (and not the alternate), is there any way to make it to completely yavdr 0.3a? I mean. is there other way to install yavdr without using a clean installation?

thanks.

I am not sure I understand what you mean.
    when I use usb stick I got the error "vesamenu.c32 is not an COM32R image".
    if I use the usb stick after I burn the image using windows software, the installation start but I get the error "no common cdrom detect" again.
    I can't find a ums-cypress.ko file that the yavdr kernel agree to load.

thanks.

sorry for the multiple posts.

I think I know why I can't load the driver from lucid kernel - it's because lucid have some kernel updates.
    In order to be able to load the right file I need to know what is the version of the kernel that yavdr 0.3a is based on.
    I already know it's from the branch linux-image-2.6.32-24-386 - the question is what's the sub version:
    linux-image-2.6.32-24-386_2.6.32-24.42_i386.deb?
    linux-image-2.6.32-24-386_2.6.32-24.43_i386.deb?
    something else?

thanks again.

well, I used another comuter and attached the external drive to it. by using the command

Code
    dmesg

in terminal, I found that the driver I am looking for is ums-cypress. this driver is not found on the yavdr 0.3a installation disk and I can't find a working version for this drive too.
    can someone please give me a link to the kernel packages of yavdr? maybe I can found it there. usually it located in /lib/modules/2.6.version/kernel/drivers/usb/storage/

thanks.