Beiträge von Lazocar

here is my output from /var/log/syslog

Code
    kernel: [  123.859375] Rotor-Plugin[1986]: segfault at 8 ip 0036ae91 sp a7ad8df0 error 4 in libfribidi.so.0.3.1[369000+14000]

any help with this or just give us old repository with vdr 1.7.15

I finally figure out what was my problem with rotor not moving so tu share with you all.
    Thank you Wilb for kaffeine it's a nice program however it didnt work with it so i decide to put the windows xp and altdvb a try.
    Sadly the motor didnt work with it so it isnt the vdr problem it is the rotors.
    I did manage to set the rotor moving by making the "hardware reset".

Now the motor is working fine in windows and it is moving in vdr however when i try to do anything with rotor plugin it just crash vdr and restart it again.

Does somebody have crashing vdr with rotor plugin and is it posible to vdr send raw diseqc commands to rotor and how??

Thanks MrNike for detail of building package and i have sucesfuly build 0.1.5 and 0.1.4 rotor plugin and as i see it thay bouth have name of satelite besides position numbers.
    My problem remains the same the rotor dish dont move.
    I't youstu move with yavdr 0.1.1 and vdr 1.7.10 but now when i tray tu install yavdr 0.1.1 and rotor plugin it wont move i start to thing it is something with my rotor dish.
    Does anywhone know some rotor program for linux that i can test my motor insted of instaling windows(i hate windows and always loking for the drivers :P)

Thanks!

Zitat

Originally posted by newsy
    here's the patch I promised providing GotoX and satnames support again.

First gotox patch was not enough because rotor positions were stored differently (1 bit for pos/neg, 10 bit for position, now it's a signed 2 byte number)

how to build that rotor plugin for yavdr to be in .deb format and do i need to patch vdr with gotox patch?

Zitat

Originally posted by marabout
    thank to Wild

at least the rotor is operating well now. now we need to look for a way to display the satellite name instead of the position.

I stell dont have working rotor.
    I have rotor conected direcly to my pc card.

Can you send me your diseqc.conf if you have the same setup at your home?

Zitat

Originally posted by Wilb
    Just to update others, I've rolled back to the standard rotor plugin from the YaVDR repositories and after storing positions in my rotor & subsequently configuring my rotor.conf & diseqc.conf properly my VDR is now functioning correctly using GotoPosition.

Can you post your diseqc and rotor conf files?
    Tnx

Zitat

Originally posted by Wilb
    Rotor plugin didn't work for me either, had to recompile using the GotoX patch instead.

Can you please tell us how did you recompile and where can we download gotox patch

Maybe the plugin needs some kind of patch?

I'll would like to test some patches for the rotor plugin.

Is there some way to build plugin for yavdr on our on,to compile and build .deb package.

I have problem with rotor plugin does somebody have working conf files and can it post it here.
    I have diseqc 1.2 motor dish that is working with some other satelite receiver but with vdr1.7.15 and rotor plugin dont.
    For test purpose i have put the new hard disk and instal windows xp with altdvb on the same mashine and the rotor was moving.

Please help me...

Hello!

I have Skystar2 card in my pc and it boots fast whit yavdr 0.2 and recently i bouth hauppauge wintv hvr-1110 card and when i start pc vdr start before the hvr-1110 card loads his firmware.
    The Skystar2 works fine but with hvr-1110 i have no picture.
    Does anybody knows how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Zitat

Original von Hemingway
    Lazocar
    1.) it would be nice to tell us all, how you got your S3-Problem solved. maybe others have a similar problem. It is all about give and take here.
    2.) as gerald, I highly recommend you to get a vga2scart-adaptor; from my experince the picture on a tv will be way better than yours now. give it a try, its really cheap. Dr Jones and others here in vdr-portal do a great Job in manufacturing good adaptors, and selling them at a fair price.
    If you will stay with your circumvention-device, you will always be in fear if something of your customisation will be broken after updating/upgrading your yavdr-system.

Hello all
    I haven't bean here for a while so dont think i won't answer.

1.) I have Antec Fusion Remote PC case and whit it the problem when i go to S3 suspend i turn off pc once ande when it wake up i try to turn it off again but it wont to turn of he just reboots pc and that is over and over again.
    Solution is to put "usbcore.autosuspend=-1" to grub file ini /etc/default/.
    Here is example :
    BEFORE

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet noresume"

AFTER

Code
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet noresume usbcore.autosuspend=-1"

The problem is when i put it it can change on any yavdr update by default template so i haven't yet made custom template for this,does anybody know how to make template for this?

2): yes i think you are right about vga2scart-adapter,does anybody knows or link where to buy one

Zitat

Originally posted by hepi
    Please open a new topic for your S3 problem.

No need :)
    I have manage to resolve S3 problem of auto starting when it need to turn of comp by ading some line in grub.conf.

Can you explain to me how x i started now thet there is no nodm.
    when i turn of vdr and start again i get this green screen whit lines maybe i need to turn of x too?

Zitat

Originally posted by gda

Maybe, but we have already enough to do with solving problems on supported hardware.
    I tried to help you to get your hardware yaVDR conform, but it seems you are not interested.

Gerald

Thank you Gerald for your replies i'll try to resolve it my self.
    I have second problem with S3 if you can help me or i need to make another thread?

I don't need vdpau and i can watch all the chanelss with dvb-t and dvb-s cards.
    VDR work that way for almost a year and for a few mounts with yavdr 0.1.1.
    I have no problem with picture everything is fine but when i restart vdr by going to menu/setup/restart it loads a green screen with some lines and when i lunch xbmc and go to live tv and tune to chanell it works and when i exit xbmc vdr forntend works like it shuld
    It is not a big problem just a miner one that is anoying.
    Biger problem is S3 wakeup that i didn't bean able to setup.

I forgot to say that i have 2 grafical cards one is GeForce 8200 which is integrated in moutherboard and i dont youse it because i have analog tv and that card dont have analg s-video output that i can conect to my TV.
    Second is PCi GeForce 7600 GS card that have s-video out.
    Note that this setup works whit yaVDR 0.1.1 whit no green screen.