Beiträge von ronron261

darkm4n

I have tried to upload patched-repo but is to big, so I uploaded to this site
    ngene-test2_patched.tar.gz

Normally, even the latest ngene-test2 should have detected the CXD2099AR.
    Have you ever tried the module under windows, if you did have problems under windows it's possible that you have a bad ci-module.

digibert

I used the following commands
    zap -adapter 0 -channels channels.conf.astra "ZDF"
    cat /dev/dvb_adapterX/dvr0 > /dev/dvb/adapterY/sec0
    cat /dev/dvb/adapterY/sec0 > test.ts

From mplayer I got the following response with 20 sec of recording

Zitat

Playing test.ts.
    Seek failed
    libavformat file format detected.
    LAVF_header: av_find_stream_info() failed

I hope to be able to do some more testing this weekend.

Greetings.

I f you downloaded the latest ngene-test2, then the patch is applied. No need to patch it any more.
    I haven't tried latest version yet, but I'm still using version from a two weeks ago with the patch.

I have a satix S2 v2 to. Connect the same way, ci-module directly to the tuner card.
    For me the chip is loaded and i got the same output as c-p03 for my adapters.

With the zap and cat command I was able to produce a stream but I'm not to capable of viewing it.
    when I open the test.ts file, I get a stream error, no header fond.
    For the moment I didn't have any time to look into it further.

greetings.

Hi franky93128,

I got the patch to work also, I was trying to patch it with a wrong option.
    I got the same result like you, but with mythbuntu (Mythtv does not support it to).
    Anyway we are one step further, the hardware is recognized.

But it will give us probably some change to test it with the commandline-tools, like Oliver mentioned.
    With that will be able to make some debug reports for the support for the module in vdr, mythtv, etc.
    For me it's not that I don't want to participate in the development for support for the ci, but my knowledge of programming isn't that good.
    If there is someone with more knowledge who is willing to write a driver for that, I have no problem to help him in testing and debugging.
    Like Oliver mentioned, it's up to someone who has the need for that kind of support to development some software/driver to do it. He doesn't have to do it all.
    We should already be very happy that he was willing to give up so much of his free time into the development of the ngene-driver.

Regards,
    Ronald

I was able to update the patch but I got stuck at this point.
    When I tried to compile the driver at I got these errors

CC [M] /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.o
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c: In function 'command_do_ioctl':
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:80: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_NO_OP' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:80: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:80: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:81: error: implicit declaration of function 'ngene_command_nop'
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:84: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_DOWNLOAD_FIRMWARE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:87: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_I2C_READ' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:89: error: 'MIC_I2C_READ' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:89: error: 'msg' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:91: error: implicit declaration of function 'ngene_command_i2c_read'
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:97: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_I2C_WRITE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:99: error: 'MIC_I2C_WRITE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:101: error: implicit declaration of function 'ngene_command_i2c_write'
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:106: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_TEST_GETMEM' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:108: error: 'MIC_MEM' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:108: error: 'm' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:119: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_TEST_SETMEM' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:130: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_SFR_READ' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:132: error: 'MIC_IMEM' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:134: error: implicit declaration of function 'ngene_command_imem_read'
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:138: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_SFR_WRITE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:142: error: implicit declaration of function 'ngene_command_imem_write'
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:146: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_IRAM_READ' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:154: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_IRAM_WRITE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:162: error: 'IOCTL_MIC_STREAM_CONTROL' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:164: error: 'MIC_STREAM_CONTROL' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:166: error: implicit declaration of function 'ngene_stream_control'
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c: At top level:
    /home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.c:414: error: 'ci_fops' undeclared here (not in a function)
    make[3]: *** [/home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l/ngene-dvb.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [_module_/home/ronald/test_v4l-dvb/test/v4l] Error 2
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.32-25-generic'

From here I have no idea how to proceed, there are some things i could probably solve.
    But I would like to have someone look at this with some more experience.
    Probably I did some things wrong but I new to linux and programming (I think the drivers are programmed in C, no experience with that).

greetings

I tried to apply the patch but there seems to be a lot of error's.
    I tried the patch on the hg v4l-dvb ( hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/ )

And if I look to the patch there is only a change for the Linux4Media cineS2 DVB-S2 Twin Tuner (v5) and the Linux4Media cineS2 DVB-S2 Twin Tuner (v5)
    Not for the Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual (v2) and others that use the same hardware.

So the patch needs some rework to make it work, I will give it a try this weekend.
    But I'm sure if I'm able to do it.

Any help welcome.

Greetings

Has anyone tried out this diff file for the ci.
    Just got a hold on it on http://www.show24.biz/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4
    (Posted today)

I'm using kernel 2.6.35, where the ngene driver is build in.
    So I have to compile the driver again, what is no problem. I done it before.
    But I once that is done I have no idea how to check if the ci is working.
    If I need some extra software or what.

Any help welcome.

greetings,
    Ronald

Hi everyone,

last friday 14 may I recieved the Mystique SaTiX-S2 V2 CI Dual and Mystique CI Interface f. Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual from dvbshop.

I installed both in the pc using the threat, yaVDR Installationsbericht mit Zotac ION ITX F + Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual
    I'm using a Asrock 330Ion. So no option to use to pci-e slots.
    And the distro is mythbuntu.

Both card are connected directly to each other, and both connected with a powercable.
    The Satix is seen by the system, but with the CI-module I don't find anything in back in dmesg or lspci.
    There is no CAM/Smartcard inserted yet. Is it necessary to have one inserted or doesn't it matter.

I able to recieve sat-channels, but due to fact i don't have a Cam/Smartcard i'm not able to test it this way.

I have connected the ci-module with the pci-e bridge, but linux only see the micronas and then loads
    the ngene driver but nothing more.

Is there someone who can tell me more?

I rather new to linux, 1 year and halve.
    And with satellite no experience until know.

In the attachment is a overview of dmesg and lspci with the two cards connected together and
    the ci-module with the pci-e bridge.
    Hope this helps.

Greetings,
    Ronald.