Beiträge von olliraa

DVB-T2 broadcasting starts in Finland pretty soon and the driver for the nanostick 290e is almost ready :) The problem is that I need a hardware CI to host the rented cam from the operator. As there's only one DVB-T2 tuner available (and it has not a CI), is it possible to use the CI of for example a CT3650? So, does the CI of CT3650 "provide itself" for an another tuner if so desired?

Running yavdr 0.3

How should I solve this?

I think the Yavdr is an excellent distro for the purpose :)

However, I still have a couple of minor configuration issues related to the osd-language...

1. How do I *permanently* change the Commands-menu items to another language? (now there are items like "System herunterfahren" etc) I read about the templates, but could someone give me an example how to do that?

2. Is there a way to use Finnish "special" characters like "ä" and "ö" in the menuorg.xml? I tried to replace those with entities, but vdr just crashes when I try to get the osd to show up.

Ok,

now I found out something important :D The mobo wakes up, if the alarm time is entered twice! I mean like this:

echo "2007-02-09 10:10:04" >/proc/acpi/alarm && sleep 1 && echo "2007-02-09 10:10:04" >/proc/acpi/alarm

...and the computer wakes up at that time :D Talking about messy bioses, huh!

What do I need to change to make the vdrshutdown-script to actually set the alarm time twice? I tried to poke around the scripts, but I'm not sure what line that command actually is on because of all the variables etc.

Now we're close :)

I tried that script and the computer "stores" the time/date to the /proc/acpi/alarm and shutsdown, but never wakes up :( However it wakes up if I manually set the wakeup time to the bios (rtc alarm time). I tried to fiddle with the few parameters in the bios' power management menu, but no avail.

I also found out that my mobo should work with the nvramwakeup if the computer is rebooted before the shutdown (like it seems to be with many mobos). If I understood correctly this can be accomplished by creating somekind of a "wakeup-kernel-item" to the grub boot menu? Could this be the reason/workaround for the acpi also? I noticed that there's this "Does your computer need a reboot?" in the shutdown.conf, but the option is listed under the nvramwakeup-settings and not the acpi.

My bad... The "vder beenden" -script actually worked, if I just waited for a bit longer. (some kind of a "safe margin") I'm sorry for my impatience and for the trouble :( Yes I start the vdr with /etc/init.d/vdr start and the autostart is "on".

Then about the acpi/nvram -thingy. My mobo is not supported by the nvram (at least easily) so I've chosen to try the acpi-way. Like I said the vdr succesfully shuts the computer down, but it doesn't wake up ever (automatically) no matter what is in the timer. My question is: Should the acpi-based "shutdown/wakeup before next timer" work by just setting wake mode to 1 (acpi) in shutdown.conf and enabling it from the bios? I know the mobos have sometimes pretty messed up bioses concerning the powersaving, but I was curious whether it should work this easily or not. I tried to make some snse of the vdrshutdown-script and then shutdown.conf, but feeble minded as I am no hope there ;) Should I make some changes to the Ubuntu settings to make it work?

Thanks again, you rock :D

Ok,

your worst nightmare is back again ;) I really appreciate the work you have put into this script and how helpful you are in this forum :) Do you have a Paypal -account or something like that so that I could make a donation for your project?

Ofcourse I also have a question... Now as my vdr-setup is pretty much ready (thanks to you) I noticed that the menu for stopping vdr from the osd doesn't work. So If I choose "Vdr beenden" it prompts me whether I'm sure or not. But the if I confirm it by pressing Enter it does nothing. But then, If I use the Sleeptimer, vdr shuts the computer down properly. I was just wondering, because it would be nice to stop vdr from the (fullscreen) osd for example to start a browser/mail client/im-client from the desktop :)

Ok,

I know I'm bothering you way too much, but still one thing. If I run /etc/init.d/vdr start as the Ubuntu "default" user (as defined when installing and which has "root" priviledges.) vdr starts, but there's no window (xineliboutput) :( The window opens only when running the vdr as the vdruser. This actually is the reason for my posts :) Any clues?

Hi,

I have this weird problem that if I set the sudoers according to the instructions and then run /etc/init.d/vdr start as vdruser (vdr is NOT running) I get "... seems to be running already" and if vdr IS running and I run /etc/init.d/vdr stop I get "...seems not to be running" . So there's no sense in those messages, they work just the opposite as they should, don't they? If I add sudo to the command it says user vdruser can't run that as root...

If I run those commands as root they work. But this makes no sense, because of the vdruser account. If it's not supposed to be running vdr what's it there for?

Another thing: How can I setup the vdruser so that it would appear in the user management interface/menu, because now it doesn't. Now I can't manage the vdruser's settings (autologin, groups/permissions etc.) via Gnome :( Running Ubuntu 6.10.

Okey dokey ;)

Yes, the problem may sound a bit weird, because when I start vdr (as vdruser) with /etc/init.d/vdr start it starts fine and opens the xinelibouput window, but after a while I get a Red text saying "No Signal". The text is different from the vdr's gray "No Signal" which is much bigger and in the middle of the screen, so I figured that it's not fom vdr, but actually from xineliboutput saying that it cannot connect to vdr? This may be my crazy reasoning, but anyway ;) The weird thing is that I can connect to vdr by starting xine and manually selecting the "vdr"-button as the source. Works fine. However the keys don't quite work "through" xine. I mean, vdr uses the same buttons differently depending on the "mode" (playback, menu etc) and it just don't work through xine. Like I said the xineliboutput worked fine out of the box with the previous version of x-vdr. Would you have some kind of a clue, what might be the problem?

Then another thing... If I try to run the /etc/init.d/vdr start -command as vdruser it says it cannot write to /var/run/runvdr.pid Ok, I bypassed this by giving the vdruser more rights to the folder. A dirty hack ;) But the when I try to stop the vdr by /etc/init.d/vdr stop it says something like "permission denied: /dev/tty8..." What's this? Ok, I again bypassed that with a dirty hack, but still I cannot get the xineliboutput working like it did with the previous version. There must be something wrong with the rights. And yes I have the correct lines in the sudoers-file :) and the xine and the xineliboutput is "on" in the /etc/default/vdr -file.

I tried to alter the default hosts from the svdrphosts.conf, but no avail. It seems that the xvdr-connections are refudsed or something.

Big thanks, for any help :)

Hi,

like the title says I only get red text saying "No Signal" when I start x-vdr (with xineliboutput) with /etc/init.d/vdr start The weird thing is that I can connect to the vdr with Xine "manually" by starting xine and selecting the "vdr" as source. The text "No signal" is not the same as in vdr by default (the big gray text). So I figured that the no signal is xineliboutputs way of telling, that it cannot connect to vdr? Is this correct? If it is, what migt be the reason, that the connection fails to start? Like I said the vdr runs in the background and I can get the picture to xine manually. Only then the keyboard shortcuts are hindered by xine so that's why I'd really like to get it working "properly". This worked fine with x-vdr 0.7.16, but now after I (unfortunately) updated, it doesn't seem to work anymore. Running Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy.

Hi,

Ich versuche auf Deutch screiben aber Englisch wurde besser sein.

Ich habe das x-vdr-0.7.22 instaliert und jetz funktioniert es nicht. Es gibt nur ein rotes "No Signal" -text in Xine. Vdr macht nichts, unabhängig davon welcher Taste Ich Ich presse. Das voriges Version (0.7.17) hat 100% funktioniert :( Ich habe Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy und keine Änderungen zum hardware gemacht.

x-vdr-0.7.22
    subtitles
    xineliboutput
    xineui
    skinsoppalusikka
    txtsubs
    mp3eng
    dvd
    vdradmin

Technotrend dvb-t t1500 budget

<edit>
    Keyboard funktioniert nich im Vdr, aber funktioniert z.b. im Xine. Was is los?
    </edit>

Wenn es ok ist, kann Ich dieses Problem besser in Englisch erklären.