Beiträge von vemon

Hi!

I have an Activy 300 STB with CyberPro5000 or 5005 (lspci says it's 5000) display adapter. For some time now I have been trying to find the best possible way to watch videos using TV-out. So far the only ways I have even gotten a picture in X have been to either use the vesa diriver (with FBDev or without it) or by using the tvia_drv binary driver which only works with XFree86 4.3.0. To get a decent picture with the tvia driver I had to add 'Option "MemClock" "120Mhz"' to XFree86 Device configuration. Otherwise the image trembled a lot.

I downloaded the XFree86 compatible tvia binary driver from:
    http://www.gctglobal.com/Downl…meBuffer/framebuffer.html

The problem at the moment is that I can only use x11 video output with mplayer (-vo x11) because when using -vo xv (or not passing any arguments) mplayer only gives me a blue box which is the size of the movie. The output of xvinfo is:

X-Video Extension version 2.2
    screen #0
    Adaptor #0: "Tvia streaming media"
    number of ports: 2
    port base: 35
    operations supported: PutVideo PutStill PutImage
    supported visuals:
    depth 16, visualID 0x21
    number of attributes: 7
    "XV_ENCODING" (range 0 to 6)
    client settable attribute
    X Error of failed request: 255
    Major opcode of failed request: 142 (XVideo)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 14 ()
    Serial number of failed request: 12
    Current serial number in output stream: 12
    client gettable attribute

It seems I'm getting some kind of and error with the code 255. I haven't found a description of that code from the web so I don't even know what it means yeat. Does anyone have same kind of experiences or even some clues of why xvinfo fails and mplayer gives me only a blue box? Is there any other way to test that Xv is working corretly? I believe the playback would be smoother when using xv driver.

Or... if you know any other ways to get the hardware acceleration & tv-out working with the CyberPro (with or without X) then please share your knowledge. I've read somewhere that it's also possible to use framebuffer driver and DirectFB.

My operating system details:

- Debian sarge with 2.6.8 kernel
    - XFree86 4.3.0 sarge package

lspci output (the graphics devices):

0000:01:06.0 VGA compatible controller: Intergraphics Systems CyberPro 5000 (rev 03)
    0000:01:09.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
    0000:01:0a.0 Multimedia controller: Sigma Designs, Inc. EM840x REALmagic DVD/MPEG-2 Audio/Video Decoder (rev 01)

Other hardware details:

- 800Mhz processor
    - 128MB memory

Thanks in advance,

Jaakko