Beiträge von teus

What you will have with this fbfcall program:
    Monitor your fritz!box for phone calls.
    Have the phone number looked up via local database and/or web to have a reverse number to name lookup.
    Do Online Screen Display (OSD) of the phone call to OSD devices as VDR, Slimserver players (as eg Softsqueeze (recommanded) and/or Mythtv multimedia player.
    How to install? Download the perl program. Run as root fbfcall.pl -I and you will be able to use the default example configuration files. If you have a local CSV phone book use it and have this file updated automatically for you.
    fbfcall has not seen much testing for reverse lookup in Germany (only Holland) but my guess is it should run ok.

This release is an update of fbfcall.pl:
    Some bugs are resolved.
    It has now configuration initiation included: use fbfcall.pl -I
    system commands and daemon are executed under RUN_AS uid
    monitoring of fritz.box ring/call cannow be monitored on any MYTHTV multimedia system on the LAN. Note that this mythtv monitoring can be used as X11 fbf monitoring as well.
    OSD monitpr string is highly configuratble for own styles messages.
    The collected phone book entries have extentions as first date called, last date called and amount of dialin/dialout on that number. So one collects in an automated way a database of contacts (house numbers included). Your personal address book is auomated now.
    Added phone duration logging (to do: calculate phone costs).
    To do: phone book should be vcards 3.0 compliant.
    This stuff needs to be tuned to provide a better private protection.

Latest release see attachment.
    Thanks for all your feedback.

teus

Enclosed you will find an bit changed version of your fbfcall perl script.
    The script is self explaining what to do to install it on your machine.
    The script works in Fritz!Box 7170 situation in Holland.
    I would have preferred to make this script available under GPL but I'm not the original author.
    Have fun with it.

teus

attachment: perl script has init.d deamon script and fbfcall config example