Beiträge von kiwisoft

Well, I understand the problem with open source but it will be like for the tvia drivers :
    - really poor opensource drivers (I was unable to get a correct display with the cyber2000fb)

I understand that those drivers should be under NDA, but they are floating around.... someone messed up with their files...

Perhaps it's time for the great coders who have reverse engineered the em8300/H+ to work on the em84xx to write a really good driver.

It should be easier as they have access to a lot of interesting source code.

Well, If I were able to understand device driver programming, I would be using the RUA API and the tviafb with my 2.6 kernel... As I wasn't able to port anything from kernel 2.4 to kernel 2.6, I'm switching back to 2.4.32 ...

Too bad

Cheers

Hi,

perhaps you already know those files but in case here some usefull stuff

- Xfree tvia_drv source code

ftp://66.15.209.17/kbox/TVIA52…OW_driver/Set_mode/X4.ZIP
    This file include the full source code for the tvia xfree driver.

- Framebuffer tviafb source code (for 52xx cards, but a lot of stuff is ok for 50xx cards)

ftp://66.15.209.17/kbox/TVIA52…_K2.4x/tviafb_5202.tar.gz

This file include the full framebuffer source code of the tvia gfxcard 5202.
    The core is for 5xxx, it just lack the mode definitions for cyber500x gfxcard

- Tvia SDK source code

ftp://66.15.209.17/STB/Optional Devices/TV-Tuner/TV Tune (VBI-200) for STB3036_linux.zip

This file include the source code for tvia gfxcards
    - kernel module ??
    - sdk

Perhaps someone will be able to use this data ...

cheers

Hi,

Sorry to write in english but I do not understand German.

Well, after trying to understand everything, I have severall questions about the work you are doing here.

- Does anyone has ported the RMF sdk (realmagic driver) to kernel 2.6.x ?
    - Is there a way to use the tvia graphic card under linux (with XV support) ?

My box is an AllWell 6086N2 under vanilla debian sarge + kernel 2.6.14-2

Here is an lspci of my box :

in other words :
    - cyberpro 50xx graphic card
    - sigmadesign em847x board (mpeg 1/2/4 decoding with video port)
    - technotrend dvb-c
    - 2x ethernet controllers (realtek)
    - plus standard VIA hardware (sound, ...)

For the moment, I'm using VDR without trouble. (Everything is OK because I do not use the sigma decoder nor the cyberpro 50xx)

I saw that the Activy has quite the same hardware and you were working on it to allow the use of the Sigma decoder and the cyberpro graphic card.

I tried a lot of things but I was unable to make something work...

1) the tvia framebuffer
    Last year I tried the binary tvia framebuffer with kernel 2.4.20, everything worked. I was able to have a console over the framebuffer.

As I'm under kernel 2.6.x, I cannot use the binary tvia framebuffer anymore. So I tried the cyber5k framebuffer driver you wrote (I found it in this board).
    The framebuffer loads without trouble. When I try to use the fbcon module (to have a framebuffer console), the display (on my tv set) changes but I can see nothing (the synchro seems to be bad...).
    I tried it in severall modes (640x480@50, 640x480@60, ...) but it's allways the same.

Perhaps you can help me to set it up (sorry, because of my bad german, I couldn't find an answer in the board)

2) the tvia xfree86 driver
    I never tried it before.
    My box is under xfree86 4.3.0.1.
    I tried the tvia_drv.o (found it in XFree86_4.3.0_3.00_bin.zip). The XServer starts, display an image and everything seems ok.
    The only problem I have is when I try to check XV functions :

I don't know if it comes from my Xfree86 release (debian sarge) or if there is anything else...
    Perhaps someone could help me set up this. (If the cyberpro hardware can support XV.)

I'm really sorry if the answers to my questions are in the board but as I told you before, I was unable to find them.

Thanks in advance for all the answers I'll get.
    Cheers.

kiwi