Using DVB-T and DVB-S with similar channel lineup?

• Hi All,

Firstly apologies for writing this in English - I do know _some_ German but not enough to explain this correctly :)

I currently have VDR setup with DVB-T and I also have a DVB-S card that I would like to use, the satellite for the DVB-S card provides most of the existing channels I have, but also some extra ones and a few HD channels.
    Is there any way to 'combine' the channels that are the same in my channels.conf ?

So that I can record something from one of those channels while being able to view another different channel..

I understand that it is possible to simply 'merge' the channels.conf from the DVB-T scan with the DVB-S one, but then I would end up with two listings for some channels.

Is there any way to specify one channel but provide two different tuning details ? (so one DVB-T and one DVB-S)

Many Thanks!

• A patch called "alternative channel" exists. However, its seems to me that it won't work with the current version.

Medion Digitainer; AsRock B75 Pro3-M, Celeron G540; Kingston Value 4GB
    Samsung SpinPoint 250GB 2,5"; Samsung WriteMaster DVD-Brenner;
    TT-S2-6400, 2x TT-S2-1600, Ubuntu 12.04 mit YaVDR-Paketen. VDR 1.7.27, UPnP/DLNA-Plugin

• Thanks for the reply, just had a quick google for the patch you mentioned and it looks like it was made for 1.4.0 and only affected recordings :(

It's a real shame a feature like that would totally complete my setup.

Any ideas if this is on the roadmap for VDR ?

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!