too much color on video out (skystar1)

• Hi there,

I finally have mij LinVDR up and running the way i like it, but i have one major problem with the image on my TV.
    It has too much color in it! for example: people's faces look bright orange :s and the blue background of the OSD gives me a headache.

My TV is connected via a scart to cinch cable to the video out of my Hauppage skystar 1 PCI card.
    I also tried to connect the RGB signal to scart but that gives me the same annoying colors (and also a shade as if i had too many beers)

Coeld this be a driver or settings problem ? or do i have to face the fact that my DVB-s card is FUBAR ? :(

thanks in advance...

• Zitat

Original von postbus24
    It has too much color in it! for example: people's faces look bright orange :s and the blue background of the OSD gives me a headache.

looks like the fbas video out has blown up; "common" issue on av7111 based cards...

Zitat

I also tried to connect the RGB signal to scart but that gives me the same annoying colors (and also a shade as if i had too many beers)

are you sure that your tv had switched to rgb in? sometimes it "stay"
    on fbas, and there is no difference. did you try with svideo yet? look at the
    scart cabling diagram at the frontpage for further informations.

bye,
    -- randy

• Zitat

Original von randy

are you sure that your tv had switched to rgb in? sometimes it "stay"
    on fbas, and there is no difference.
    bye,
    -- randy

ahaa ! That was the trick ;)

I still had lots of distortions an unwanted horizontal lines, but i solved that by shielding the wires to the scart plug and now I'm verry happy with the image I'm looking at .

Thank you verry much :prost2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!