nexus-s video out

• Good day, to everyone here
    I have a very weired problem.
    I lost my dongle cables for my nexus-s rev2.2, so i decided to build a new one by myself and i did it successfuly i think
    and i have tried it many times and the video quality with perfect with vdr on my TV screen

after a while i've connected the TV again to my card and i found a very bad picture on the TV screen with a lot of distortion.

then i decided to make a new cable connecting only the video output ignoring audio out , line out, and spdif also

only video out i want to connect to TV
    but the same picture stayed with the same distortion

i played with avometer ( multimeter) and i found the fbass(video out) is connected to the ground on the board , and as i know that is not right

it shouldn't be connected directly with any ground on the board

and also i tried connecting only the pins for line out (left & right) and it worked without connecting its ground ===> how come?

also the audio out to the TV (left & right) worked great

only video out has the stupid distortion and i think that is because it is connected to the ground

if that is right , how can i solve that problem considering that i've tried three differnt types of TVs and my nexus card is moded with memory mod 4mb OSD

i've also left (extracted) the whole socket from the board to clean it and test to insure that it is not corrupted and tested every pin with the multimeter to see if it is connected to any other pin, the result was negative , the pins are separated and clean

so that ground interfernce has to be on the board(card) itself, right?

and there another hint: in windows i cant use bob mode
    when i set it to use the BOB mode i have no picture.

one last thing to mention: i have not any problem with my card except that stupid one

please , i need real help here

best regards.

Intel 865Perl, P4 2.4, nVIDIA GeForce 4 128 MB, WD 160 GB, Maxtor 80 GB, SBLive 5.1
    Nexus-S Rev 2.2 (4MB) OSD
    Debian Sarge ==> Kernel-2.6.10
    Fedora Core 3 ==> Kernel-2.6.10

• hey, randy
    thanks for replying my questions.
    however, i dont understand the diagram you've attached
    also what is r and what is g
    in the link there are three arrows pointed to three line on the av7110 on my rev2.2 , BTW is there any difference between av7111 and av7110 in these three lines

what should i connect to these three lines
    you said to connect r and g to the av7111 but you did not specify where

i need hints to do that complicated stuff
    thanks in advance

Intel 865Perl, P4 2.4, nVIDIA GeForce 4 128 MB, WD 160 GB, Maxtor 80 GB, SBLive 5.1

• Zitat

Original von mas0h
    also what is r and what is g

red/green in vidmode=1 outputs on the av711x

Zitat

in the link there are three arrows pointed to three line on the av7110 on my rev2.2 , BTW is there any difference between av7111 and av7110 in these three lines

what should i connect to these three lines
    you said to connect r and g to the av7111 but you did not specify where

first, no functional difference between av7110 and av7111 in this case; AFAIR the difference
    is the missing macrovision stuff, which is not needed at all;

if you switch the card into vidmode 2, red and green will change to the needed
    svideo output Y and C (luminance, colour / chroma).

http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Bild:J2_vidmode_1.png

http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Bild:J2_vidmode_2.png

and then you can attach the svideo->fbas circuit to get a very good, sharp fbas signal
    again. in your case, it is not possible to use the original rgb, since you need the fbas
    as c_sync signal (composite sync), but there is none left :)

so the only way is svideo (you also can use it on the tvset directly, of course) or ebay
    and selling the card.

bye,

-- randy

• but my card rev2.2 doesn't have j2 connection on the boad
    so i have to find it myself on the av7110, which are present in the picture in the link you gave to me
    http://www.tb-electronic.de/vdr/av7111.html
    but which one of these tracks on the av7110 must be connectd to r (red) and which one to g (green)
    and what is the use of the third one

• Dear friend, randy
    thanks so much for your magnificent help
    i followed your instruction however there were some mysteries in it (FOR ME), I've connected three very thin wires to the three tracks on the av7110 and tried them one by one with the ground through the normal video out, not s-video
    the second (middle) one gave me a good black & white picture
    the first and third gave me distorion
    when compined the third with the second ==> WOW
    A GREAT COLORED PICTURE
    I think i've made the circuit correctly and converted the S-Video tho normal composite

thanks again, and i'de like you to post your comments
    and if there is any risk to my card with that circuit please tell me
    I'm not ready to lose my card yet

thank you so much, thanks vdrportal, and thank god

mas0h

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!