First Boot: "fatal: error inserting vesafb (/lib/modules/3.2.9-44-generic/initrd/vesafb.ko): no such device

• I'm in Washington State USA and have Mythbuntu set up running "HDhomeRun" usb qam Tuners. I tried adding a "Skywalker 1" USB DVB-S tuner to it, but got lost. I shut mybuntu down, and switched to a new hard drive and installed yavdr64-0.5.0a.iso. I noticed there was a "Fatal Error" the first time the first install rebooted but wasn't able to read it because it continued booting past it. I have just rebooted my second attemp and was able to read "fatal: error inserting vesafb (/lib/modules/3.2.9-44-generic/initrd/vesafb.ko): no such device" Ive' got very little experience with linux and am frustrated but determined.
    I think the error is because I have an onboard ATI HD 4200 Video that is unrecognized. There is a PCI-E nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ installed hooked 32" lcd tv via DVI to HDMI. The Bios is set to Prioritize PCI-E and I can see the bios post. I have a black screen with FTP and Telnet access.
    Question 1. Could somebody please give me the detailed commands to tell the Yavdvr to install and use the GeForce?
    Question 2. The Guide I'm following has me confused. I'm not at this point again yet. But last install I pasted the Red Lines. I understand the first and last commands but would appreciate and example and some instructions. My info is below the giude

type nano scan.sh
    Copy and paste the
    following:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -
    #!/bin/bash

# Backup
    channels.conf in case it exists

if [ -f channels.conf ]; then mv channels.conf channels.conf.bak; fi

# Scan for channels
    ./nscan 0 12516 r20000 1 9 2 5 0 > chantemp
    ./nscan 1 12516 r20000 1 9 2 5 0 >> chantemp
    ./nscan 2 12457 r21500 2 9 2 5 0 >> chantemp
    # Sort, order, and renumber channels for vdr
    sort -t: -k10 -n chantemp > chantemp2
    cat chantemp2| while read line
    do
    CHANNUM=`echo "$line" | cut -d':' -f10`
    echo ":@$CHANNUM" >> channels.conf
    echo "$line" >> channels.conf
    done
    # Cleanup files
    rm chantemp*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --
    Ok now here is where
    we need to address your lnb setup

usage: nscan
    diseqc-port freq pol sr mod fec bandstacked

tuner_timeout debug_level
    freq - transponder frequency [ex.12423]
    pol - polarity [v,h,r,l]
    sr - symbol rate [ex. 20000]
    mod - modulation [1=QPSK,2=Turbo-8PSK, 3=Turbo-QAM16]
    fec - FEC [0=none, 1=1/2, 2=2/3, 3=3/4, 4=4/5, 5=5/6, 6=6/7, 7=7/8, 8=8/9, 9=auto, 10=3/5, 11=9/10]
    bandstacked - 2=DishPro, 1=linear, 0=everythign else
    tuner timeout - timeout in seconds (3 is usually good)
    debug level - 0=none, 1=tuning, 2=everything

Notice the 2 after the fec spec. This sets up your lnb if you are using DishPro 2 is appropriate if using circular
    that 2 would becomea 0. Make sure that you set up the scanner with the proper settings otherwise you will
    not be able to scan anything.
    Once this is done you will hit ctrl-x to saveand exit.
    Now we must change
    the permissions on the file to make it executable we will be using the command

chmod, at the promptyou will type this

chmod 755 scan.sh

I have a "SUPER 110 118 119 129 HD DISH 1000 PLUS SATELLITE LNB" similar to ebay item #380304315922
    The 3 lnbs are hooked to sw44 with power insert.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Again the question, what is wrong with w_scan? It is already installed with yaVDR. I don't believe that you will find many users of nscan in this portal.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

• Sorry Gerald, I pasted a copy of the guide I tried to follow in the post above. Please lead me in the right direction. If I knew what to do, I wouldn't be asking. Thanks

• Please lead me in the right direction.

I did already, use w_scan.

Gerald

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, Xeon E3-1230, 12 GB RAM, 3xWD red 2TB im RAID 5, 2xSundtek MediaTV Home DVB-C/T, L4M TWIN-C/T, Ubuntu Server 14.04.1, Plex Media Server
    Samsung UE55H6470

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!