[ANNOUNCE] FreeboxTv 0.0.1

• Hello everybody,

Here is the (very) first release of my FreeboxTv plugin. Its purpose is to add a device making the FREEBOX (triple-play box provided by French ISP FREE) a new DVB source for VDR. Thus it's now possible to watch FreeboxTv via VDR and of course get the corresponding services (e.g. recording for example).

As FREE provides his TV stream (to his suscribers only, sorry !) via a RTSP server which finally is a quite "standard" way to do this, my FreeboxTv plugin should also work with other providers of such streams (WebTV for example) if they conform to some requirements described in the accompagnying documentation.

Because this is a very early release, there are some limitations :
    - If the stream has multiple audio tracks, only the first one will playback
    - No EPG is currently provided by this device
    - Configuration is not so easy as I'd like

As it's my first coding in C++, VDR, plugin, multi-thread, etc..., please be indulgent !

You can download this plugin with the following link :
    http://www.panczyk.eu/vdr/vdr-freeboxtv-0.0.1.tar.bz2

I also want to thank Matthias Panczyk here for hosting my plugin on his server.

Enjoy.

• Hi,

hmm, there is unfortunately no liblivemedia-dev in the gentoo portage for easy testing under gen2vdr.

CU
    9000h

Es ist eagl in wlehcer Reiehnfogle die Bchustebaen in Woeretrn vokrmomen. Huapstache der estre und leztte Bchustbae sitmmen.

• Hi,

I think it's not a big concern if there isn't any pre-built liveMedia library in gentoo because you could build it yourself with the source downloaded from www.live555.com. It's easy (configure && make && make install). Actually, I developped and tested my plugin with a self built library. I just proposed to download some deb or rpm package as a shortcut...

Cheers.

• Hi Ronny,

Did you re-generate (link with liveMedia library actually) vdr binary and install it ?

Did you also add correct pathname to liveMedia library in VDR makefile (please check you created/modified Make.config file in your /usr/local/src/VDR directory) to tell the linker where to find it (LIBS += -L<whatever_dir_you_installed_lib> directive) ?

Cheers,
    Olivier.

• Hello

Here the Makefile (Plugin).

Here the footprint (livemedia).

http://yhafri.club.fr/crux/livemedia/.footprint

Code
    shell> ls /usr/local/lib/vdr
    libvdr-freeboxtv.so.1.4.5

Code
    shell> ./vdr --help 1>/dev/null
    vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-freeboxtv.so.1.4.5: undefined symbol: _ZNK6Medium8isSourceEv

Regards Ronny

• Hi,

the directive "+LIBS += -L/usr/lib/live/liveMedia" should be in VDR general makefile, not in plugin makefile because liveMedia is a (static) library which should be linked with vdr binary.

So, please add it to your $(VDRDIR)/Make.config file if not already done and build the binary again.
    e.g. :

cd $(VDRDIR)
    rm vdr
    make
    and finally "make install"

• Hello

The same result :schiel

Code
    Plugin freeboxtv:
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/VDR/PLUGINS/src/freeboxtv-0.0.1'
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/VDR/PLUGINS/src/freeboxtv-0.0.1'
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/VDR/PLUGINS/src/freeboxtv-0.0.1'
    g++ -fPIC -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -D__user= -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"freeboxtv"' -I/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/local/src/VDR/include -I/usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include -I/usr/lib/live/groupsock/include -I/usr/lib/live/BasicUsageEnvironment/include -I/usr/lib/live/UsageEnvironment/include freeboxtv.c
    freeboxtv.c:25: warning: 'plugName' defined but not used
    g++ -fPIC -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -D__user= -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"freeboxtv"' -I/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/local/src/VDR/include -I/usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include -I/usr/lib/live/groupsock/include -I/usr/lib/live/BasicUsageEnvironment/include -I/usr/lib/live/UsageEnvironment/include freeboxRTSPClient.c
    g++ -fPIC -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -D__user= -shared freeboxtv.o freeboxRTSPClient.o -o libvdr-freeboxtv.so
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/VDR/PLUGINS/src/freeboxtv-0.0.1'

Code
    vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-freeboxtv.so.1.4.5: undefined symbol: _ZNK6Medium8isSourceEv

Regards Ronny

• Well, reading your post I think you only generated the plugin (that's correct anyway ;)) but not the vdr binary (or you didn't post the corresponding log did you ?)

So now you have to build AND install the vdr binary (because freeboxtv plugin declare new classes which derive from some declared in vdr main source files).
    According to the organisation you seem to use reading your post :

cd /usr/local/src/VDR
    rm vdr
    make
    make install (or copy the newly generated vdr binary file to the relevant directory you use).

• Hello,

I digged a bit deeper into the reported error and it seems there is a problem with the pre-compiled liblivemedia-dev package (DEBIAN-etch at least), so I suggest you use the other solution described in INSTALL file, e.g. download source from live555.com, build the lib and re-link vdr with the newly generated lib. Thus it should solve the "undefined symbol" error encountered by some of you...

Let me now if it's OK, I'll modify the doc accordingly.

• UPDATE :
    ========

Now a significant number of people succeeded using this plugin so now we know the undefined symbol came from the pre-compiled liblivemedia-dev packages. Thus, to use the plugin, please build the liveMedia lib from source first.

Now a good news :-))
    Contrary to what I wrote in the INSTALL file, there is no limitation about multiple audio tracks using. You can listen either track you wish if the stream provides many.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!